Thank you to the Groove team who made what I thought was a good app, not your fault the boss is an ahole.
    MasterDarque likes this.
    10-09-2017 02:28 PM
    I only ever used Groove as a client for my collection. I prefer to buy my music from places that provide FLAC options. So presuming the Groove app keeps getting updated, this doesn't affect me at all.
    10-09-2017 04:28 PM
    Well I'm bummed. I like to listen to albums using my pass and then purchasing when I like it enough to own. I'm not one for creating lists of hits but would rather listen to albums as artists created their music to be played. It explains my library; all over the place! I'll listen to almost anything. My music travels by thumb drive, my IPhone, One Drive and pc's at home or work. I don't care what player I need to play it on. For me it's just having the ease of purchasing an album instantly rather than going to another app or website. If I can use my Bing points to purchase albums on Spotify and use points for a monthly pass with Spotify I guess I'll be fine.
    10-09-2017 08:05 PM
    I used Groove Music Pass for two or three months and then cancelled my subscription. I rarely used the streaming service and found it a lot easier to search for and buy music from Microsoft Store. I would only buy two or three songs per month which didn't warrant the expenditure per month for me to maintain the pass. Even now, without the pass, I find Groove Music app to be buggy. It only finds and displays my purchased music, either from Groove Music Pass or through the Microsoft Store. It doesn't find and display the music from my library on my device despite the fact that I have set the pointers as to where to look for music. So, I find myself using Windows Media Player instead which works just fine for music playback and it allows me to transfer music to my portable devices without uploading it to the cloud.
    10-09-2017 11:58 PM
    I always downloaded my purchased music so I would still have it in case of just such an eventuality.
    10-10-2017 12:11 AM
    I am so disgusted with Microsoft I made the decision several years ago to go all out MS. Desktop, phone, mail, music. I thought investing all my tech resources into a solid company was a solid decision. It's been a nightmare. Nothing but problems with my phones. Endless issues with Outlook and now music. This sucks. Go to hell Microsoft
    10-10-2017 08:48 PM
    With Groove going away, what would an alternative for buying music be?

Just buying and downloading music, I never stream music and spotify no longer allows downloading. I am in Canada since that does matter here.

I would prefer not to add iTunes to my desktop, but if thats the only option, ill take it. I have experience firewalling annoyances away with Windows 10. Amazon music is only for Americans. Is Google Play Music an option?
    10-11-2017 07:54 AM
    I am glad Groove will stick around for local and OneDrive hosted music playback.

I buy music I do not rent it.
    Today 01:51 AM
108 ... 345