HP speaks out about Microsoft

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Entirely expected, many saw this happening miles away.

Burnt bridges, Microsoft... burnt bridges.

Burnt bridges do not rebuild themselves.

Trust is the hardest bridge to make and the easiest to break.

Respect is the other, confidence is tied to that and once confidence is lost, all respect is lost because if a party in a transaction no longer has any modicum of respect of the other party, then there is no confidence in their ability to fulfil their side of the deal.

Simple business 101.

mb-dape

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
[FONT=museo_sans]"[/FONT]Nick Lazaridis, HP’s EMEA President, explained that the company was actually working on several new products running Windows 10 Mobile, but they’re all being abandoned now because of Microsoft’s decision to abandon the operating system."

This was what Microsoft wanted, OEMs launching devices with Windows 10 Mobile. And W10M would be for enterprise first.

And now when they got one of the largest enterprise focused OEMs to develop and release several products with W10M, MS just kills the OS.

I think that's as stupid as it can be.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Yea, this is what they SAID they wanted. I don't think Nadella actually thought it would happen though (considering the effort he put in to the sabotage). It must have really irked him when HP actually started selling phones. It would be funny if it wasn't so tragic.

dgr_874

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Maybe its just me, but I could feel the anger behind that interview. Looks like Microsoft gave them little to no warning they were going to do this stuff.

Like you said, burned bridges do not repair themselves.

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Shows that Microsoft and Nadella mostly wants to get rid of Mobile as fast as possible, without actually announcing end of support for the OS. They are basically squeezing out their OEMs so people have nothing to buy. Oh well, sucks but about time this happened. Too many false hopes for us fans, now its time to move on.

mattiasnyc

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site
"HP speaks out about Microsoft"

should really be

"Some website says some website says someone at HP said that about Microsoft...."

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Microsoft is to blame for everything they gave up on mobile u can't blame hp and other companies ditching it as well

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
"HP speaks out about Microsoft"

should really be

"Some website says some website says someone at HP said that about Microsoft...."

So if some Apple executive states something, it should be worded as "Someone at Apple said that Apple's new iPhone is iPhone X..."

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I’m not sure how anyone can defend MS with a straight face anymore.
I'm having to put my face in traction to type this. 😅

Off the charger at 5:30 AM and it's been a rough one and I'm still at 74%. That's impressive any way you look at it. With some Continuum time along the way too.

Sent from my HP Elite x3 on mTalk

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I'm having to put my face in traction to type this.

Off the charger at 5:30 AM and it's been a rough one and I'm still at 74%. That's impressive any way you look at it. With some Continuum time along the way too.

Well, Don Ho, that’s impressive but certainly not good enough to defend Microsoft for their bumbling anti consumer crusade. Now if tiny bubbles came out if it at the same time, I might be convinced!

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Well, Don Ho, that’s impressive but certainly not good enough to defend Microsoft for their bumbling anti consumer crusade. Now if tiny bubbles came out if it at the same time, I might be convinced!
To be perfectly honest, I've never been a product loyalty guy. I'm a Ford man through and through. But my Hummer gives me what no Ford can in terms of a rugged, powerful 4WD SUV in a small-ish footprint.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
To be perfectly honest, I've never been a product loyalty guy. I'm a Ford man through and through. But my Hummer gives me what no Ford can in terms of a rugged, powerful 4WD SUV in a small-ish footprint.

I’m kind of the same way. Was a Ford guy too but mostly because my brother-in-law works for them. But I just went out and got a Subaru Forester.

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Maybe its just me, but I could feel the anger behind that interview. Looks like Microsoft gave them little to no warning they were going to do this stuff.

Like you said, burned bridges do not repair themselves.

I dont think their OEM partnerships work that way so most likely WoA, andromeda, core OS or whatever the crap MS is working on is either dropped or no mobile focussed, and MS would have refused to communicate a way forward to HP leaving them no option but to take this hard step.

There was an article on Thurott that MS internal sources say that MS has put the plans for WoA on backburner to address the surface quality issues that were highlighted by consumer reports, so seems Thurott was right, meanwhile WC never covered that and week after week they churn out the BS that how MS is mobile focussed and how surface unicorn is just around the corner.

mattiasnyc

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site
Well I recommend you do a Bing search on "Nick Lazaridis, HP’s EMEA President. You will see he I quoted on many news sites on this topic.

And pretty much all of those sites will report the same one source, and that one source isn't Nick directly but someone saying Nick said it. That's one source, not many.

These days people often just type something into Google and think that as soon as there are many 'hits' that means there are many sources. That's often not the case. Many many times it's just many people referring to the same one source.

You have to follow the rabbit.....

mattiasnyc

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site
So if some Apple executive states something, it should be worded as "Someone at Apple said that Apple's new iPhone is iPhone X..."

You're thinking about it from the other direction.

When we're reading "news" we have to figure out if the news is true or not. In your example above you start by stating a fact, that an Apple exec said something. If he did, then of course the topic headline is correct. But if you don't know for a fact that a person said something then you need to look at it from the other direction. In other words, a person is said to have said something. That doesn't mean it's true.

Just so you see the difference: Imagine that there's this event. Someone speaks at this event. We now have two 'references' to this event;

1 - Someone writes that they read on a website that someone said this person said it at this event.

2 - Someone uploads a video from the event where you can see and hear the person say it.

Not the same, right?

mattiasnyc

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site
meanwhile WC never covered that and week after week they churn out the BS that how MS is mobile focussed and how surface unicorn is just around the corner.

I don't see windowscentral saying that a surface "unicorn" is just around the corner. Are we reading the same website?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05