Windows 10 is so bad...

DeNeDe

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
Windows 10 is the worst OS in the history of mankind. Even Windows 95 was better. Way better.
I can't believe they released to the public a product like this. On top of that on the newer laptops they force you to install this piece of **** so that you can "enjoy" every feature of it.
A couple a days ago i purchased some ASUS laptop with a Kaby Lake cpu in it and of course the only OS i could install was Windows 10(they force you do this). Windows 7 install process wont even load. And of course i said to myself, why not, lets try windows 10, they had time to make it better... uaaat!? BUL****!

A few issues...

1. If i remove the power cord my wifi wont work despite the fact that on windows it says wifi on and on my mobile the wifi works with no problems. The only way to make wifi work again is to plug-in the power cord again, restart the laptop. There is no other way, been testing this for the past 2 days.

2. If i want to connect to another wifi network from the list the keyboard simply wont work. I can't type anything !!! If i put a password on my account and just before i login into windows, before i type the password, in the bottom right i got the wireless symbol.
Then the keyboard will work and i could type the password. So if i am in Windows i can't type any password for wifi networks. OMG..uaaat!?

3. Every time i enter new tabs in chrome, or just switching between aplications i just get a big dark empty screen and if i dont wait 3-5 secs and move the mouse like a drunk person nothing will happen, it will stay dark forever.

So it seems after ~2 years nothing good happened with this OS. In the past i had Windows 10 Mobile and i switched to Android. It seems now i need to switch to linux also because this **** is getting out of hand.

Hope nobody will say to update my drivers, bios and so on because everything is up-to-date!

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Curious. Most PCs come with an OS already installed. You say that you had to install Windows 10 on your new ASUS laptop. What's was running on it before you installed Windows 10? I don't know what exactly is going on with your laptop, but you might want to try a System Repair, a System Refresh, or a completly new installation. It sounds like something is definitely wrong with your PC though.

DeNeDe

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
It was FreeDOS of course. In our country most laptops either have Linux or dont have any OS at all in the store.
I wanted to install Windows 7 because i love it, this is what i have on my regular PC but on this laptop, because of the Kaby Lake cpu and chipset they force to install only windows 10.
I dont think anything is wrong with the laptop because i dont have any performance issues. I bet if i install ubuntu or debian i wont have these issues at all.
On a simple google search i found out that others have the same issues or even worse.
I need to stay like this until they give another update and hope for the best... :(

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
Wow. You do realize that Win 10 is superior in many ways to Win 7. First you dont need that idiotic Start Menu they introduced in the Windows 95 DOS shell.

Also the memory management and garbage collection is way more advanced. Drivers are more tightly coupled with the hardware and signed to prevent issues.

The kernel is much faster and better written to handle multi tasking and 64-bit apps.

I find it the best Windows OS since 2000.

Sent from mTalk on my 950xl

DeNeDe

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
I agree, but without any bugs! Until then it is the worst in history.
I dont care about start menu, or fast loading things, it is not relative to my issues.
On my Windows 7 PC i have the same fast loading times as on Windows 10.

th34monk3ys

May 26, 2014
Visit site
clearly there is an issue and not windows 10 here! this sounds like a layer 8 issue. First off reinstall and re download drivers not even the insider builds are that bad.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm not seeing very many bugs anymore on the notebook I bought earlier this year with W10 installed.

The freebie upgrade version gave me fits a few times on the older desktop that was replaced... this was mostly with browsers.
The creators update finally killed the AMD based desktop we had so that gave me the excuse to move to a newer Intel based PC.

Windows 10 on this ACER notebook runs beautifully so far with some slowdowns while using the Firefox browser.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I certainly don’t think it’s the worst ever...cough, cough...Vista....but it certainly is not enjoyable to use on my laptop. That’s why I’ve moved to a different operating system.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
It was FreeDOS of course. In our country most laptops either have Linux or dont have any OS at all in the store.
I wanted to install Windows 7 because i love it, this is what i have on my regular PC but on this laptop, because of the Kaby Lake cpu and chipset they force to install only windows 10.
I dont think anything is wrong with the laptop because i dont have any performance issues. I bet if i install ubuntu or debian i wont have these issues at all.
On a simple google search i found out that others have the same issues or even worse.
I need to stay like this until they give another update and hope for the best... :(
Oh. I didn't understand. I'm sorry I couldn't help. Hopefully, someone will offer a better solution, and your issue gets resolved.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I certainly don’t think it’s the worst ever...cough, cough...Vista....but it certainly is not enjoyable to use on my laptop. That’s why I’ve moved to a different operating system.
Just out of curiosity, was your laptop an upgrade to W10 or did you buy it with Win10 preinstalled? To what OS did you end up moving?

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Just out of curiosity, was your laptop an upgrade to W10 or did you buy it with Win10 preinstalled? To what OS did you end up moving?

It was an update to Windows 10. A few years old and certainly not top of the line, but should have been able handle an OS upgrade.

I bought a 2013 MacBook Pro and updated it to High Sierra. Runs like a top plus I had already moved to iPhone so it made sense.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
It was an update to Windows 10. A few years old and certainly not top of the line, but should have been able handle an OS upgrade.

I bought a 2013 MacBook Pro and updated it to High Sierra. Runs like a top plus I had already moved to iPhone so it made sense.
Yeah. I understand. One of MS's biggest hurtles, in my opinion, is making sure that all updates function on such a huge variety of devices with different specs. Apple is in a much better position when it comes to updates. I'm glad you're enjoying your MacBook. It's definitely a nice device.

LumPhile

Dec 27, 2016
Visit site
Windows 10 is the worst OS in the history of mankind. Even Windows 95 was better. Way better.
I can't believe they released to the public a product like this. On top of that on the newer laptops they force you to install this piece of **** so that you can "enjoy" every feature of it.
A couple a days ago i purchased some ASUS laptop with a Kaby Lake cpu in it and of course the only OS i could install was Windows 10(they force you do this). Windows 7 install process wont even load. And of course i said to myself, why not, lets try windows 10, they had time to make it better... uaaat!? BUL****!

A few issues...

1. If i remove the power cord my wifi wont work despite the fact that on windows it says wifi on and on my mobile the wifi works with no problems. The only way to make wifi work again is to plug-in the power cord again, restart the laptop. There is no other way, been testing this for the past 2 days.

2. If i want to connect to another wifi network from the list the keyboard simply wont work. I can't type anything !!! If i put a password on my account and just before i login into windows, before i type the password, in the bottom right i got the wireless symbol.
Then the keyboard will work and i could type the password. So if i am in Windows i can't type any password for wifi networks. OMG..uaaat!?

3. Every time i enter new tabs in chrome, or just switching between aplications i just get a big dark empty screen and if i dont wait 3-5 secs and move the mouse like a drunk person nothing will happen, it will stay dark forever.

So it seems after ~2 years nothing good happened with this OS. In the past i had Windows 10 Mobile and i switched to Android. It seems now i need to switch to linux also because this **** is getting out of hand.

Hope nobody will say to update my drivers, bios and so on because everything is up-to-date!
Windows 10 can be really enjoyable at times, when things are humming along, but a real pita when things go awry! And, compared to Windows 7, the possibility of something going awry is significantly increased.

I can understand your exasperation, having been a victim myself. I'm guessing you clean installed the Creators Update? If so, I would advise that you get ahold of the original version, 1511 I think, and do the clean install from that, and then do an in place upgrade to CU.

I had countless problems, and wasted time, with a clean install of CU, but was able to weather the storm with the aforementioned procedure. Good luck

Elky64

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
If diagnosing and applying fixes seems to be taking forever and a day to resolve your problem(s), then I suggest you do a fresh/reinstall of Windows 10.

Problems like yours are one of the main reasons I personally want to distance myself from Windows 10, Version Updates are another. If we manage to get things sorted in a prior build finding it pretty much a given now that the next version will "F" something up - Some of my PC's have just started getting the Creators Update, batting 3-for-3 on the fail scale as all ended up not being able to boot into Windows, got them sorted but not without some timely intervention on my part.

So Windows 10 may not be the worst in the usability sense but when it comes to installing an update successfully, or Windows inability to logically diagnose and apply a fix, yup it's the worst IMHO.

Last edited:

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Was worst only cause hardware makers didn't have the right hardware and not up to date drivers....

Run Windows Vista now and I bet it be blazing fast on modern Computers.
I have a iso of vista business still on hand, and might take you up on that challenge.

LightenSkies

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
I have a iso of vista business still on hand, and might take you up on that challenge.

I ran it with 4gb of ram ddr2 with a intel Celeron d i believe on desktop. It ran good. Though it be intreating if you ran it on today computer to see how faster it runs.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte