Getting a second L950

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I want to get a second 950 to carry me through the end of life of Windows Phone. I am on AT&T, and have my current 950 through AT&T. I've never bought an unlocked phone. I see on-line availability from a third party of a new Nokia Microsoft Lumia 950 GSM Unlocked AT&T 6017A. Is that going to be the same as my current AT&T 950 (I know I will need to apply all the updates)? Is there any connectivity or functionality issues I should be aware of in buying an unlocked ATT L950?

Thanks.

dpz

Dec 2, 2016
Visit site
No. I have one that I no longer use. Never had an issue with network connectivity to AT&T.
I've been meaning to sell it on eBay but just haven't listed it yet.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Make sure it is the product model RM-1105 and AT&T branded. You do not want the Dual sim factory unlocked model (RM-1118) or the single sim factory unlocked model (RM-1104) -- Edit corrected. That info can be found in the Advanced Info under Extras on the phone. The latter models will not get HD Voice or VoLTE out of the box.

Last edited:

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for that info. I can't tell from the listing which RM number it is. Listed as 950 GSM ATT Unlocked 6017A. The seller lists all the specs, but not the RM number. I have 30 days to return with money back, I just pay the return shipping, so I guess I will go ahead and find out when I open it.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for that info. I can't tell from the listing which RM number it is. Listed as 950 GSM ATT Unlocked 6017A. The seller lists all the specs, but not the RM number. I have 30 days to return with money back, I just pay the return shipping, so I guess I will go ahead and find out when I open it.

Yes. Or you can ask the seller directly.

Edit: Either way is fine. But sometimes you never can tell what someone is really selling. I bought a supposedly 32GB 1520 from a seller, who sold me 16GB. Was a little irritated but they made up for it.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon