The Spotify App is Dysfunctional

Stephen Pedersen1

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
How can WindowsCentral post the Spotify App on their front web page as a featured app when it links directly to the Windows10Mobile app which is in maintenance and does not work? (!)

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I have never used it, what exactly is it not able to do or doing that is dysfunctional?

When you want to start playing a song, there's a delay from when it starts to play.
Also if you stop playing it in the background and then try to go back to it, it shows resuming. Sometimes it gets stuck and you can't change the song easily.

Occasionally, closing it in the background and then trying to reopen it doesn't always guarantee that it would reopen.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
Lol, i am using the app now and it sucks. I came here to see what others are saying about it. There are so many things wrong with the app but you can't select where downloaded music goes, like on an SD card is just a start. Spotify does answer tweets though and they said they will take my suggestions under advisement (rolling eyes). Lol

Twitter: @PhotographyET

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully Dan is right, and the engineers that were working on Groove will be put to work making a Spotify UWP with OneDrive integration, best of both worlds. Would be nice if that feature made it to iOS and Android too though.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
A UWP isn't going to help much since most people listen to music on their mobile device and most are leaving W10m. Maybe it will help with any new mobile devices.

DallasXanadu

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
There are so many things wrong with the app but you can't select where downloaded music goes, like on an SD card is just a start. Twitter: @PhotographyET

I got it to download music on my SD card by going into storage options and moving the Spotify app to the card. Apparently they have to be in the same place.

Having said that, I did just cancel my account and remove the app from my phones. So many bugs, and just an incredibly poor user experience all around. I'm sure it hasn't been updated in years, and it obviously never will be at this point. I'll have to reevaluate my options when I decide which platform to switch to.

Stephen Pedersen1

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
MS ****** their mobile uses. I'm going with Apple Music and iTunes. iTunes will soon make a UWP app for windows desktop and Ill use that with my new iPhone whenever I have the money. I'm furious! There is not one credible music app for windows phone now. Music is a core function of any mobile phone. Therefore, Windows phone is officially dead. I expected to use my phone happily for another year with Groove but now I can't. I'm not made of money so I can't just fork over hundreds of dollars after having spent that over on a lumia 950!

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
A UWP isn't going to help much since most people listen to music on their mobile device and most are leaving W10m. Maybe it will help with any new mobile devices.

Would still be good on Desktop and probably most importantly xbox. Microsoft made a big deal about groove integration into games on the xbox, and it worked well (like on Forza Horizon 3 you can set your car radio to groove). Would be nice if they could add onedrive integration to a UWP Spotify app, and be able to do the same thing.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
MS ****** their mobile uses. I'm going with Apple Music and iTunes. iTunes will soon make a UWP app for windows desktop and Ill use that with my new iPhone whenever I have the money. I'm furious! There is not one credible music app for windows phone now. Music is a core function of any mobile phone. Therefore, Windows phone is officially dead. I expected to use my phone happily for another year with Groove but now I can't. I'm not made of money so I can't just fork over hundreds of dollars after having spent that over on a lumia 950!

As soon as Groove expires I am going to see what I can do about using VLC. Unfortunately a lot of my purchased content downloaded as locked WMA format, which VLC can't read so I will need to look about why that is...

Edit: So I see what happened. It let me download the content using music pass (DRM protected WMA format it seems). Honestly I would have preferred to purchase the albums out right, does anyone know how I can purchase or work it out so I can convert these to MP3 from groove?

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Groove music pass is going away, not groove music itself. Can't you still play those files in Groove? I don't see why you would need to go to VLC or another player, unless of course you are just upset and determined not to use Microsoft's service, even if it is free.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Groove music pass is going away, not groove music itself. Can't you still play those files in Groove? I don't see why you would need to go to VLC or another player, unless of course you are just upset and determined not to use Microsoft's service, even if it is free.

Some are still tied to the music pass subscription, and yes the mp3s I could play in groove off one drive...
VLC has a built in EQ and that is honestly the only reason I want to try it on a non-lumia device. Once my Nokia gets replaced with a newer Windows 10 Mobile device that is probably the only way I can EQ the output from a reliable app.

fat8893

Apr 30, 2017
Visit site
I didn't use the official app right now since I have the likes of Spotify PWP and Spotimo (beta) on all of my Lumia devices. Granted that the latter is still under development, but I'm already in love with it.

fin11

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
I also use Spotify WPW, nice to have spotify connect, the official app never had that. I only use the old app for offline music during flights. WM10 mobile is still great on my lumia 950 XL 😃

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
spotify sucks on ADroid also! crashes a lot of the times or freezes, I can't imagine why anyone would use such a flaky APP... really badly coded by amateurs!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99