Thoughts regarding an online petition kindly requesting Microsoft change their stance on Windoes 10

jesusfreak420

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
Hey all,

Like so many of you, I'm really disappointed about Joe Belfoire's recent statement about the future of Windows 10 Mobile (and to a lesser extent cancelling Groove Music). I'm just wondering what people's thoughts are regarding putting something on Change.org requesting that Microsoft reconsider their position on cancelling Windows 10 Mobile? If I did, what would be the things I would want to draw to their attention? Didn't Satya say last year that if nobody made Windows phones, Microsoft would? I know it might not do a lot, but surely nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
Stu 🙂

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
I'd love for W10M to stick around another year while MS gets its One Core stuff in order. However, ain't going to happen. probably 50% of the remaining WP users have run for the hills in the last week or so and MS management isn't going to change their minds. Just my two cents.

Troy Tiscareno

Sep 27, 2017
Visit site
No petition is going to make MS restart a project that was essentially killed 2 years ago after losing around $20B. What could possibly be the business case for doing so?

DOGC_Kyle

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Please no.

I'd rather have them take their time and make something good, than another half-finished attempt like W10M.

The only thing is maybe some sort of indication of what they're working on, like some sort of timeframe/hint of what Andromeda/WCOS is. I think it's too early for that though.
But some sort of clear direction would be good. Even if they just say they want Windows 10 to be one OS for every device, that'd be good enough.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Lol...
Petitions, lawsuits on and on...
Simply a waste of time unless you have immense amounts of money and a battery of lawyer attack dogs.

The reality is that if Microsoft doesn't care why should anyone else try to force them to give a damn.
Microsoft is done with mobile...
...end of story.

G4Grandad

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
We might as well start a petition asking Apple to price their products realistically. And another asking Google to allow us to uninstall their products from Android phones.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
@jesusfreaf420
A petition certainly isn't a lawsuit.
Why not try it if you think it has merit?

Who knows maybe it will make a difference.

anon(7929613)

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Hey all,

Like so many of you, I'm really disappointed about Joe Belfoire's recent statement about the future of Windows 10 Mobile (and to a lesser extent cancelling Groove Music). I'm just wondering what people's thoughts are regarding putting something on Change.org requesting that Microsoft reconsider their position on cancelling Windows 10 Mobile? If I did, what would be the things I would want to draw to their attention? Didn't Satya say last year that if nobody made Windows phones, Microsoft would? I know it might not do a lot, but surely nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
Stu 🙂

I totally understand your situation because I and many other Windows phone fans are in a similar situation.

But my guess is that Microsoft may be doing all this to pacify shareholders while it may still be secretly doing some mobile experiments in the backyard. May be they do not want the shareholders to know about all this for obvious reasons.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karyrney