Help with Personal Criteria for Switch from Windows Phone.

Williaml99

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Greetings all fellow Windows Phone Current and former users. Would appreciate opinions from IOS and Android users. I got my wife a iPhone 8 from her Lumia 950 and in process got her on Verizon from AT&T. This was needed because when she visits her home town, no AT&T coverage. Good fit for her. I have some special features I love and take for granted with my 950XL with continuum, Groove and OneDrive sync that I can’t quite figure out on IOS or Android.

I have been using Windows smart phones since 2002 and have never used IOS or android.

Category 1 is continuum. Have 10 inch touch screen in vehicle for GPS. I can do similar with Samsung DEX but nothing I know of for IOS.

Category 2 is Music.

I have 10366 Songs, about 80GB. Use my OneDrive 1TB, 128GB SD card and need offline storage as out of signal sometimes. iPhone 7,8 and 10 would handle this. Android Groove does not have support for SD card and the only phone I can find with enough internal memory is the Pixel 2 but it does not have DEX.

I have time as I can continue to use my 950XL for a while but very much looking forward to having Google maps on IOS or Android. I will have to hold on and wait for the correct solution.

Thanks for any advice or just good friendly conversation about the issue.

Adventurer64

Aug 29, 2017
Visit site
For #2 use another app for music. I have an mp3 collection similar in size and used to play songs off SD card or onedrive on my old Note 4 8 months ago. I can't remember the music app I was using though, but it was way better than Groove. That was one of the big negs when I switched to W10M, lack of great music player. Android should be your choice.

Adventurer64

Aug 29, 2017
Visit site
PlayerPro is what I used. Just came to me. I may have misspoken on the onedrive capability though, but I'm sure I played off SD since my Note 4 was only 32GB and all my media was on the SD card.

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
There is nothing similar to Continuum except for the Dex, so if Continuum is really crucial to you then I think you're stuck with the S8/S8+. Maybe you can do screen mirroring on iOS to get similar experience, but it's not even close to Dex or Continuum.

Android Groove is supposed to work with OneDrive (it didn't work for me for some reason) and as you've already pointed out it can't be used for offline storage so as it was already mentioned you'll need to use another app for that.

Williaml99

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Kaktus1389, thanks.

I'm looking into ways to convert playlists. So far only if you have subscriptions to music and i do not. I am also investigated formatting SD card as internal memory but there is a penalty in performance. I will keep monitoring the forum and studying. Really appreciate this forum and all who help.

Onward and upward.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium