Printer keeps going offline on 2 Surface 4's

hagjohn

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I have 2 Surface 4's where Windows keeps reporting the printers are gone offline. I can browse to the printers webpage and the hp app says it's online but windows says it is offline in devices and printers settings. It usually happens after it has gone to sleep, I believe.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the printer drivers. I think it may be a SNMP error but I cannot uncheck "SNMP status enabled" because it says its not allowed to change the port settins, even as admin. Not sure how to fix.

Note: it is not a "use printer offline" issue.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Just an idea, but could it be your firewall? Or router? Try rebooking your router, and if that fails try disabling your firewall. If the firewall is at fault, Windows has one built in you could use.

hagjohn

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
It does report as being online for a while and then it goes to offline. I would think that if it was a router/firewall issue, it would never be online. I'll check though.

Shahzadfhd

Apr 11, 2016
Visit site
because the print spooler service is getting stopped hence you might be getting this issue on windows 10 FCU.
Please check the services and confirm I hope this will solve the issue.
let me know if you require further assistance.

Jer Shi

Nov 29, 2020
Visit site
because the print spooler service is getting stopped hence you might be getting this issue on windows 10 FCU.
Please check the services and confirm I hope this will solve the issue.
let me know if you require further assistance.

Nothing seems to be working for me. I have uninstalled and reinstalled at least twice. I got a new router thinking that might help. I have disabled my WebRoot protection thinking it might be a firewall issue. Absolutely infuriating. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated! Surface Pro 4 with windows 10.

jerrymaguire

Dec 16, 2020
Visit site
Your printer might appear offline if it can't communicate with your PC. Here are some things to try to get your printer back online.

1. Check to make sure the printer is turned on and connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your PC. Your printer's built-in menu should show which network it's connected to, or check your printer's manual for more info.
  2. Verify that your printer is not in Use Printer Offline mode. Select Start > Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners. Then select your printer > Open queue. Under Printer, make sure Use Printer Offline is not selected.

Change the printer settings
  1. Open Control Panel and navigate to your Printer window.
  2. Check if the correct printer is set to Default (Please watch the video below for more information).
  3. Right-click on your default printer and select the print queue.
  4. If there are any unfinished tasks, remove them from the list.
  5. From the queue window, select Printer and uncheck the Use Printer Offline option.
  6. Check if the printer is correctly connected to your computer (unplug the USB cable and plug it in again).
  7. If you own a network printer, try doing a connection test (also, try restarting your router/switch).
  8. Turn your printer and computer off and on again.

If by now the problem isn’t solved, reinstall the printer‘s drivers.

Hope this helps.
Jerry.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte