Fall Update - My people screwed and other problems

refishafi

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

Installed the creators update on my pro 4 and noticed a lot of problems
1) My People: when I click on the icon, it freezes, or the box appears and then freezes
2) My contacts is no longer populated, it is empty. If I try to add an account, e.g. my MS account, it just endlessly tries to add it without success
3) In settings on emails and accounts, again the page is blank with the three dot cursor just endlessly scrolling along the top of the screen

I have rolled back and tried again, but same problems
Any ideas?

YeahRrright

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
Clean install or not. Its not worth it, especially for SP4 users. FCU installed, massacred the onscreen keyboard on my SP4, messed up language packs and there was nothing interesting or better that I noticed in the rest of it comparing to CU. The onscreen keyboard bugs were so bad that I decided to roll back and now I'll wait for RS4 or 5... Literally the most useless and uninspired update.

Elky64

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
Clean install or not. Its not worth it, especially for SP4 users. FCU installed, massacred the onscreen keyboard on my SP4, messed up language packs and there was nothing interesting or better that I noticed in the rest of it comparing to CU. The onscreen keyboard bugs were so bad that I decided to roll back and now I'll wait for RS4 or 5... Literally the most useless and uninspired update.

For me it's not a matter of it being worth it or not. The fact that "clean install" seems to have become synonymous w/Windows 10 is what bothers me. How does that aspect make the platform appealing to the less tech savvy, IMHO it doesn't.

Can hold my own in regards to "the" PC but in all honesty, all the problems, diagnostics, clean installs blah blah blah w/W10, that I've experienced, has gotten way out of hand. Today I have a tough time recommending anything running W10 and will suggest alternatives depending on ones needs.

PS... Just tried to updated my 4th PC yesterday to bring it up-to-date (hasn't seen the light of day for several months), luckily it wasn't incapacitated like the other three but did encounter an error NOT allowing a cumulative update to be installed. Spent several hours downloading update (over & over), diagnosing and applying the most common/recommended fixes yet nothing so far has been resolved. Oh ya, Windows Update Troubleshooter "supposedly" fixed all my problems but DID NOT, obviously.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium