Is Fall Creators Update easier on RAM?

diego3336

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Long story short: I bought a Intel Compute Stick (2nd-gen with Atom x5 and 2gb of RAM) a month ago and it came with W10 Home 32bit installed with no bloatware, just the stock Intel drivers and the remote keyboard/mouse app.

After the update to Creators Update, the RAM usage was at least at 1.4gb when idling after the boot, and almost at 1.8gb when browsing Facebook on Opera.

I did a fresh install of the FCU 64bit yesterday, and after I installed all the drivers and the same apps as before, the RAM usage is 800mb on idle and less than 1.2gb on Facebook on Opera.

Is FCU that easier on RAM, or this is due to the 32 to 64bit switch?

For a limited hardware such as the one available on the Compute Stick, this is a very welcomed improvement...

anon(5327127)

May 25, 2011
Visit site
You could always just disable Superfetch. Windows, after all, will try and use your available ram as it's a feature.

P.s. Superfetch should fill your ram after you've launched a load of stuff. Or maybe it is lighter.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I've got the same specs on my 8" tablet and have noticed the improvement is big enough that I am no longer considering abandoning the tablet.

Before it was so sluggish it was too frustrating to use. Now I like using it.

I had read somewhere that Microsoft was working on making the code more efficient. Sure looks like it to me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro