Blue Screen was it update 1709

LeonC1963

Feb 12, 2016
Visit site
As the title says I have just returned to my Lenovo G50 laptop to be greeted with the blue screen so restarted to get me back on but unaware what caused it although did update to 1709 last night which went smoothly

Any ideas

ousooner314

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Here are a few things you could try (if you haven't already rolled back):
- Usually a blue screen of death generates dump files. You could open it and see what exactly is causing the crash. Maybe this link would help - https://www.wikihow.com/Read-Dump-Files
- Try installing the latest drivers (usually video and network, but make sure everything is up-to-date). From my experience, the Windows Update doesn't always install the latest drivers.. I have to go to my laptop manufacturer's website and download the drivers from there
- If none of the above worked, you could configure the Sleep mode to not turn off your hard disk. Not ideal, but it could help avoid crashes if it's truly happening because of the laptop going to sleep.

Good luck!

Zhenren Zhou

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
It's not just you, something is seriously wrong with the Fall Creators Update. I have encountered at least 8 BSoD on so many different occasions already since my clean installation on my newly purchased NVMe SSD. So far, almost every post that i have read suggested BSoDs occurred more frequently on laptops, possibly running an NVMe SSD as boot drive.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills