How to go from Windows Insider's build to Fall Creators Update of Windows 10 Mobile on Lumia 950?

James Auman

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
I have been a Windows Insider for the past year getting the latest builds of Windows 10 Mobile and giving feedback. With the Fall Creators Update official released for Windows 10 Mobile, an no further builds expected, i would like to quit the Windows Insider program for now, remove that build and replace it with the official production build of Win10Mobile that was released last week. Can someone walk me through that process? I don't need a backup of my phone or anything like that (i have saved everything that was on the phone to my PC) and plan to start with a fresh new configuration (not use an existing backup). Thanks in advance!

James Auman

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
So i stopped and i reset my device using the device reset utility. Now i'm back at the build right before Fall Creators Update. How do i get that update like everyone else (not having to use Insider)

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
A note for readers who have a carrier branded phone: dropping out of the Insiders program may mean you won't get future bug fix and security updates. I mean T-Mobile Lumia 640 owners are still on WP 8.1 I believe if they didn't join the Insiders program.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon