What do you miss most about Windows 10 Mobile?

JoeMullin

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I moved to A Samsung Galaxy S8 when my Lumia developed light sensor problems. I really *really* miss the Outlook email and calendar from WM10. The Outlook app on Android is not the same at all. I actually hate writing emails on my phone now. I used to be so much more productive on my WM10 phone. I used to be up to date on upcoming appointments too because of the lock screen and live tiles. The mail and calendar clients on Android are just so terrible...it's missing so many features and the UI is awful ...I hate out so much.

Craig Montgomery

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Live Tiles (especially the Photos tile) and Groove Music.

I just got a Galaxy S7 and I have to say it is pretty slick. It makes me wonder why I held out so long. Being able to get any app I want is a whole new world!

Jupast

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Mostly the Live Tiles. Microsoft themselves rather shamefully never did much with them, but some WP developers really made them very useful with their Apps. Frankly the stack of Icons with 'badges' you see on iOS and Android just looks so dated still, like a Desktop PC with shortcut icons plastered all over it.

I particularly miss the initial version of Windows Phone that I had on my 820, like the beautiful Hubs such as the Photos one with the panoramic background, or the People hub. It lost some of it's character when they stripped all that kind of thing out to fit in with the generally accepted UI/UX aspects of iOS and Android.

WandowsTan

May 5, 2017
Visit site
Windows Forever. you wanted diehard, I'll give you diehard. i have a stack of Windows Phones running Windows mobile so , no worries. I'm set for years ..nvm I'm set for life, also i went through the first page and i see a balanced amount of users who aren't going to leave as i too will be staying here for a long time, i will continue to buy Microsoft devices only, its simple as that. i hope the ones who move on to android, have what they want but please don't ask for live tiles on android cause I'm fed up of people who keep asking for such features while hating on windows mobile entirely and at times saying that feature itself is useless, cause there's a lot of people who apparently like/hate it so this is either jealousy thats making them say live tiles sucks cause we all know productivity wise its pretty much the best way of gathering information but regardless its a windows mobile feature and let it stay as it is, and where it belongs, after all windows mobile "failed" in the eyes of "many". I'm still a happy and satisfied consumer nevertheless, nothing is perfect but long as it does the job , it will always serve its purpose for me.

Last edited:

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Not a lot as I have adjusted to using an iPhone now.
Lots of people speak about missing the live tiles but I always found that they made the home screen look messy. Many of them would not update. I didn’t really use them because of that.
I don’t find one better than the other, it’s just one has more of what I need and I am adaptable to any OS.

Ian_Harwood8

Nov 5, 2017
Visit site
I will miss the overall look, feel, and functionality of the Operating System. No matter how many Android Launchers are on the Play Store, nothing will replicate Windows mobile. :cry:

Wpbass

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm still using my Lumia 950, but sadly, not for long. Luckily, I have an iPhone 6S laying around, which I'll likely be switching to. For me, the big reasons I loved Windows Phone (and have been entrenched in it since Windows Phone 7) is the OSs design, efficiency and quite frankly, the cameras. Having used both iOS and Android devices previously, they just don't hold a candle to WP, IMO. That said, the last two or so major updates for iOS and Android have reached acceptable point for me for "just a phone"; somewhat morose, but MS picked (or finally accepted) a good time to let WP users down easy.

I will also miss how Windows Phones had received updates (except in only a few edge cases) well beyond 2 years; sadly, it is fairly common to see Android devices that receive only one OS update (and importantly, Security Update) and then forgotten. Thankfully, more and more of the major Android Service manufacturers have gotten better about this in the last couple years.

It is safe to say that I've had a history of backing the wrong OS Horse - I was a big fan of webOS and we all know how that went! 😉

I won't fault anyone for which camp/OS they go with, as long as they can remain open minded enough to accept another person's reasoning for going with the other OS. I just have a WP-sized hole in my tech-loving heart that no fruit or little robot can ever fill!

Aymen Alasad

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site
I have Samsung galaxy s8, I miss everything about my windows phone, Cortana, Bluetooth messaging and email reading in the car, camera, live tiles, email live tiles shortcut, ability to customize my phone and remove unwanted apps or preloaded apps, using my phone as a pc when I travel and do quick PowerPoint presentations.... Etc. iOS and android sucks, Microsoft did bad horrible job marketing the windows phone 950. Idiots.. 😣😥😭😢😤

Joe Frazier

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I started with Lumia 920 and loved it. A cool different look (yes people gave me grief about its heft). A consistent interface with the Surface (RT) I used. I moved on to a Lumia 950, Surface Pro 3 and included a MS Band 2. It all worked well together. The interfaces made sense. I love the 950 despite some occasional erratic. I miss the promise, the integration and a competitive push (especially with the camera) the platform provided. Don't get me wrong Android has come a long way and I love my LG V30, but those were fun days.

Nov 6, 2017
Visit site
Live Tiles (this makes me teary eyed)
Camera UI
Camera quality (had Lumia 1520, then 950 XL)
Action Center
Black Theme (can't believe iOS and Android don't have this)
Overall integration of MS apps - Notes, Outlook, Edge, Skype, Office, etc.
The elegantly minimalist overall design
Twitter App! (surprisingly better than iOS and Android)
Simple gestures

Windows Phone had been my mobile home. I had Samsung Omnia (Windows Phone 6.2! Ancient!), Lumia 1520, Lumia 950 XL, and lastly Lumia 730 before I finally decided to leave. It's painful to be left abandoned by a company you've been loyal to for the longest time. I currently have the Galaxy Note 8 and I'm greatly happy with the apps and other android goodies, but can't deny that Windows is still the best.

davidintheusa

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
Cortana - better than the other interactive options particularly when it comes to managing when to leave for meetings.

Live tiles and the simple ease of use the windows platform offers.
I feel overwhelmed at times with the masses of apps on android.

Office365 integration with other products like Onedrive etc.

I will miss Groove - it is a better music app than spotify and worked well with my lumia 920 and 950.

Overall ease of use and minimalist approach to smartphone design and UI.

Privacy - I felt that the windows phone platform was less intrusive than either of android or iOS.

Lothario#CB

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Now what did I miss about Windows Phone 8?

Or WP7, if we're being honest. That was the OS that made me come to WP to begin with. It had a different viewpoint on how things should be arranged and done on the format that I found refreshing and, frankly, phenomenal. Very clever in many respects. Since then, they have walked almost all of it back.

I miss all the live tiles. Even on WP10 I miss live tiles. RIP.

AlbertoG69

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
I've switched from lumia 930 to oneplus 5. I didn't want a Google experience and have setup all the microsoft apps I need including launcher. What do I miss, driving mode, i miss cortana via Bluetooth in the car like crazy (reading texts, sending texts, hey cortana, playing music) this pisses me off daily. The in-car Bluetooth experience is crap, before I could listen to the radio and get Sat nav updates calling me, now it's Bluetooth only, backwards step. I miss Bing maps, so I went with here we go, I tried Waze but it screwed up arrival points sequence so it got de installed. The android facebook app doesn't even sync the contacts another backward step. I do like the speed of the phone and the not 100% Googleness of oxygen os. I find I use the phone less now than before as it doesn't really try to communicate with me like the live tiles used to invite me to do. I don't really like the lock screen but a custom one because tedious to use. I do like dark mode, but that is down to oneplus themselves. I've switched to Spotify from groove but can't make that the default audio app, I guess that is the fault of Spotify. I miss the photos app. One drive on android is better though, I can add so many photo apps for syncing and that is impressive. WhatsApp wouldn't let me pull my backup from one drive, that was pretty poor. Sure I will always regret moving away from WP but I enjoyed it whilst it ran through WP7, WP8 and W10M. My one favourite feature was back in WP7.... WiFi sync with Zune software, that felt like the future.

Pierluigi Bianchi

May 22, 2014
Visit site
So, lots of folks are switching from Windows 10 Mobile to Android or iOS, for obvious reasons. Even the most diehard Windows phone fans have to at least be considering a switch. But this question is for people who have already made the jump to another mobile platform.

What specifically do you miss most about your Windows phone? And do you regret switching? I have a feeling that the Live tile interface is probably going to come up in the responses quite often ...
What's missing? Missing everything, the live tiles, the ability to have everything at hand in the folders on start, the ease of entering the settings, updates, additions and unintelligible waivers, the keyboard, the perfume and the order of the operating system that on Dvice Well set up as the Lumia 1520 make it an exceptional operating system without equal, and yet I have not understood the decisions of the company

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss