What do you miss most about Windows 10 Mobile?

Venkatesan Ramasami

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I will hang onto Windows 10 until it meets its natural death in due curse f occurs. I am so wedded to Windows that I cannot divorce at this stage when she needs my support. I am drawn like a magnet to it's security system, my past experience to revive my account with great struggle is a proof.

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
I just switched from Lumia 950xl to LG V30 and I am realy missing the Camara App. With my Lumina I never got a bad picture of my kids when playing. The camera of this LG has really desaponted me off. If anybody knows of any good app for camara, please let me know.

Oh oh...i just picked up a V30 to try out (i too have a 950 XL). Haven't had it long enough to test out the camera yet. I'm still trying to get used to the 18:9 display; i like the 4:3 of my 950 XL better. This phone looks to 'tall and skinny' to me...

naddy6969

Aug 8, 2017
Visit site
Nothing. Literally nothing.

Windows phone is just a bad memory now. Using WP was like being lost in the woods for 3 years. Its great to now be back in civilization - iOS.

michael mcdonald8

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
I don't understand how they expect to further the use of Windows 10 and showcase it improvements over all previous versions of Windows if you don't get it into as many hands as possible....HANDS LITERALLY.
At my work I've seen a scary and huge amount of Macs creeping into the workplace in fact, most everyone that has a laptop is a Mac. Now there is a gigantic case of herd mentality going on there as well but, you get the point. A lot of our windows servers are being replaced with Linux servers and now Samsung announces its ditching windows for Linux to possibly run on the Note 8 for dual OS. My kids schools use Chrome books in Seattle, your own back yard!!!
Don't you get it Microsoft??? You can keep hiring SINGLE MINDED CEO's. Everyone praises Nadella but he can be just as singleminded as meat head Ballmer, he's turn the company into just a game console maker/cloud storage provider that's it.
You have to match the others where the new developing trends are or you're setting yourself up to be extinct.

naddy6969

Aug 8, 2017
Visit site
“I don't understand how they expect to further the use of Windows 10 and showcase it improvements over all previous versions of Windows if you don't get it into as many hands as possible....HANDS LITERALLY.”

Actually, thats the problem. Microsoft FORCED it on lots of people, and lots of people did not like Windows 10.

I dont like it either. That’s why I am now on iOS, coming from Windows phones (shudder) and Android tablets (double shudder). I am now looking at getting a Mac, because Windows 10 is a nightmare of you-will-take-them-because-we-say-so updates. No thanks. I am staying on 8.1 for my remaining Windows machines. Eventually I will be using nothing from Microsoft.

Mind you, I have been using Windows since 3.0. I also used to be a Windows phone True Believer, with a 920, 2 Icons, 2 1520s and a 950 XL. But I gave up around 8 months ago when I got my first iPhone. Now I have 2 iPhones and 3 iPads.

The people you see at work getting Mac laptops have iPhones and iPads, so it only makes sense. If I could get a Mac laptop where I work, I would. But I have a Windows 10 laptop. It is tolerable only because it is locked down by I.T.,and it is Win 10 Enterprise, so there are no automatic updates.

ajj3085

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I miss syncing my contacts with Facebook so they all have pictures for their contact profile. I miss responding to texts via Cortana. I miss the camera app of the Lumia 950

Holy crap, I was shocked that this didn't "just work." It seems the reason is that Google and Facebook are having a ******* match with each other (Google: "must sync contacts to the device" FB: "No, they should be cloud only").

The other irritating thing is that if you sync contacts from FB Messenger and LinkedIn, it adds the LinkedIn contacts to your messenger across platforms. So no more syncing LinkedIn contacts.

Manmute

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Nothing it’s the worst Os, an Os that after 2yrs and count still in beta/insider ring format (WOW) and some out there are about insider programs update....

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Nothing it’s the worst Os, an Os that after 2yrs and count still in beta/insider ring format (WOW) and some out there are about insider programs update....

I wouldn’t say it’s that bad. It has a lot of good attributes, they just were not given the attention they needed to mature. It’s the company more than the OS.

Manmute

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn’t say it’s that bad. It has a lot of good attributes, they just were not given the attention they needed to mature. It’s the company more than the OS.

You should’ve admit it took way too long with no real visible improvements to end user or to mention the lack of basic functionality other competitive Os has/had been using

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
You should’ve admit it took way too long with no real visible improvements to end user or to mention the lack of basic functionality other competitive Os has/had been using

I agree but that’s a personal perspective.
First of all, it was too little too late. Once iPhone and Android were embedded there was nothing MS or even Blackberry could do.
Second, because of #1 , no one was going to put much effort into developing apps.
Lastly, even when companies attempted to bring hardware to the consumer, people looked the other way. Very little support as with the big 2.
Not making excuses, just saying it wasn’t just the OS.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786