Bluetooth option missing in my phone.

KKVinayKumar

May 4, 2016
Visit site
Hello, everyone. 2 days ago I had successfully upgraded my trusty old Nokia Lumia 925 to Windows 10 mobile creators update by using method given in Windows Central forum & currently I'm in build number 10.0.15063.251 version 1703. Now after upgrading to Windows 10 mobile Bluetooth option is missing. So is there any way to bring Bluetooth option by doing some registry tweaks using "Interop unlock" app?

Attachments

• wp_ss_20171105_0001.png
    wp_ss_20171105_0001.png
    71 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

fin11

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
Bluetooth should return next time you get another update from what I read on XDA (bluetooth doesn't work after hard reset of lumia 925 on CU). You need ro change phone model with interop tools so that you can update to a new build number (15063.674) after that Bluetooth should work if you dont hard reset it, but you can still have issues with streets showing in maps and brightness control. This is why I left my lumia 925 on AU.

KKVinayKumar

May 4, 2016
Visit site
Bluetooth should return next time you get another update from what I read on XDA (bluetooth doesn't work after hard reset of lumia 925 on CU). You need ro change phone model with interop tools so that you can update to a new build number (15063.674) after that Bluetooth should work if you dont hard reset it, but you can still have issues with streets showing in maps and brightness control. This is why I left my lumia 925 on AU.

Well the thing is after upgrading my phone to Windows 10 Mobile, I went on installing Windows 10 upgrades one after the other i.e first I was on Windows 10 November update next I was on Windows 10 Anniversary Update and next I was on Windows 10 Creators Update so I never got a chance to use bluetooth. Now I went to turn on bluetooth in Creators Update I was disappointed to see bluetooth option missing. Now Windows 10 Fall Creators update is available but download is not progressing it is stuck in 0%.

fin11

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
Ok, if you got fall creators update pending you probably changed to x50 device. You could try lumia 640 instead using interop tools to receive a new CU build. If Bluetooth still doesn't work, wait for next patch tuesday update next week. You might have to hard reset first if you have a pending update and change device to lumia 640 to get a new update, not sure about that.

KKVinayKumar

May 4, 2016
Visit site
Ok, if you got fall creators update pending you probably changed to x50 device. You could try lumia 640 instead using interop tools to receive a new CU build. If Bluetooth still doesn't work, wait for next patch tuesday update next week. You might have to hard reset first if you have a pending update and change device to lumia 640 to get a new update, not sure about that.

Oh! Man I really hate to hard reset my phone the time it has taken to install the apps is just painful and those UWP apps take forever to download and install.

KKVinayKumar

May 4, 2016
Visit site

Do you have the codes for Lumia 640? I mean the registry values like PhoneManufacturer, PhoneManufacturerModelName, PhoneModelName and PhoneHardwareVariant.

fin11

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
Nice. How is your 925 on fall creators update? Is maps working, showing streets and roads? If its ok I'll update my lumia 925 also, its still on AU. What about glance-screen? Had to fix it on my phone with the tweak from XDA. I also increased virtual memory for better multitasking.

KKVinayKumar

May 4, 2016
Visit site
Nice. How is your 925 on fall creators update? Is maps working, showing streets and roads? If its ok I'll update my lumia 925 also, its still on AU. What about glance-screen? Had to fix it on my phone with the tweak from XDA. I also increased virtual memory for better multitasking.

Phone is working very nice it feels like I'm using a new phone. Very happy with that & Fall Creators Update feels faster & smoother than Anniversary Update. But while installing apps & if you are multi tasking & scrolling pages, scrolling won't be smooth & also on 3G battery will drain very quickly. Sorry I cannot tell anything about maps because I don't use it & i didn't like the glance screen here because I've seen that after enabling it there is some few seconds lag while locking & unlocking the phone hence I've disabled it. BTW how did you increase its virtual memory? Is there any side effect to it I mean less internal storage & other things.

fin11

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
Ok thanks for the info. You can increase virtual memory by editing the size of the paging file in the registry with interop tools. There's a thread about how you do it here on Windowscentral https://forums.windowscentral.com/w...p-your-windows-phone-10-works-100-tested.html
I increased paging file from default 256mb to 1024mb. Your usable internal memory will decrease by the same amount that you increase virtual memory. No side effects other then that I know of, check the thread above.

KKVinayKumar

May 4, 2016
Visit site
Ok thanks for the info. You can increase virtual memory by editing the size of the paging file in the registry with interop tools. There's a thread about how you do it here on Windowscentral https://forums.windowscentral.com/w...p-your-windows-phone-10-works-100-tested.html
I increased paging file from default 256mb to 1024mb. Your usable internal memory will decrease by the same amount that you increase virtual memory. No side effects other then that I know of, check the thread above.

Ok, thanks and one more thing in Creators Update and Fall Creators Update you can set your WiFi connection as "Metered Connection" just like Windows 10 computer OS.

I followed the link and changed my virtual memory to 1024 MB storage shows virtual memory as 1 GB. I didn't notice any change WhatsApp still shows resuming screen.

wp_ss_20171110_0001.png

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss