Is the regular Windows 10 Insider Preview ISO applicable to Home users too?

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
I currently own a laptop with Windows 10 Home (x64) pre-installed. I have been an Insider since the inception of the Insider program but on my previous laptop which had Windows 10 Pro (x86) on it.

On my current laptop, the build 15063 is installed and I want to directly take a leap to RS4 branch using the ISO, of build 17025, released by Microsoft on the Windows Insider website. The website lists three versions of the ISO viz. Windows 10 Insider Preview, Windows 10 Insider Preview Enterprise and Windows 10 Insider Preview Home China.

I am sure that the last two options aren't for my laptop. To not make an unnecessary mess, I want to make sure that the first option, the Windows 10 Insider Preview, is the correct one and I can safely install it on my laptop.

So, is the aforementioned ISO applicable to Windows 10 Home as well? Thanks.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I currently own a laptop with Windows 10 Home (x64) pre-installed. I have been an Insider since the inception of the Insider program but on my previous laptop which had Windows 10 Pro (x86) on it.

On my current laptop, the build 15063 is installed and I want to directly take a leap to RS4 branch using the ISO, of build 17025, released by Microsoft on the Windows Insider website. The website lists three versions of the ISO viz. Windows 10 Insider Preview, Windows 10 Insider Preview Enterprise and Windows 10 Insider Preview Home China.

I am sure that the last two options aren't for my laptop. To not make an unnecessary mess, I want to make sure that the first option, the Windows 10 Insider Preview, is the correct one and I can safely install it on my laptop.

So, is the aforementioned ISO applicable to Windows 10 Home as well? Thanks.

Yes, the iso contains both the install for home and pro.

You can check this easily using command prompt and the dism tool.

Once you download the iso, mount it - the simplest is to just right click and the select mount.

Run command prompt with admin rights - easiest way is hold shift + ctrl + left click command prompt.

Then type in the following:

dism /Get-WimInfo /WimFile:{the drive letter will be the iso mounted drive letter}:\sources\install.esd

If it doesn't work then you have install.wim not install.esd,

So just type dism /Get-WimInfo /WimFile:{the drive letter will be the iso mounted drive letter}:\sources\install.wim

See below as an example:

The mounted iso has the drive letter D:
Dism example 1.JPG

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon