W10M Barclays app will stop working on Feb'18

v0ha

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Just received an email from Barclays:

Dear Customer,
We’re making some important updates to your mobile banking app. From February you’ll no longer be able to log into your app from your Windows phone. We’re sorry for any disruption this may cause.

Why are we making the change?

We’re committed to providing you with the best, most secure version of the app. With these devices we’re no longer able to meet the extremely high standard that we set ourselves and that you deserve. We hope that the options below will allow you to continue carrying out your banking quickly and easily.
Other ways to manage your account
1. Online and Telephone Banking or Branches – You’ll still be able to manage your account via online banking. If you’re not registered for online banking you can visit our website and click ‘register’. If accessing the site via your mobile click ‘Login’ and then ‘Register now’. As always, you can also call us or visit one of our branches.
2. Use the app on another device – If you have an Apple or Android smartphone or an Apple tablet, you can still use the app. Simply download the latest version from your app store and follow the steps to register your new device. Please note.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MS are assholes. Believed them when got my Omnia 7, then Lumia 920, now 950. Was waiting for wallet with NFC in UK instead getting regular banking app not willing to support this OS. Idiots, lost such a nice concept. Why not to continue? What is the percentage of surface devices on the market? But they keep releasing it, why not to do same with windows phone? No words...

MartLea

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Totaly agree with v0ha on this, the Barclays Banking app was one of the jewels of the MSFT Mobile apps, just what was needed and worked really well.
It is really disappointing Barclays are pulling shortly but not surprising given MSFT A**h*les abandoned their mobile platform.
Never trust them again or buy any hardware from this short sighted corporation, goodness even Windows Central app does not work on MSFT phones anymore which says it all really.
Will now have to switch to crappy far less secure Android if I want to keep a mobile banking app (would never buy an overpriced Apple by the way unless 5yrs old second hand maybe).

bigjohn1949

Dec 19, 2017
Visit site
Totaly agree with v0ha on this, the Barclays Banking app was one of the jewels of the MSFT Mobile apps, just what was needed and worked really well.
It is really disappointing Barclays are pulling shortly but not surprising given MSFT A**h*les abandoned their mobile platform.
Never trust them again or buy any hardware from this short sighted corporation, goodness even Windows Central app does not work on MSFT phones anymore which says it all really.
Will now have to switch to crappy far less secure Android if I want to keep a mobile banking app (would never buy an overpriced Apple by the way unless 5yrs old second hand maybe).

Which is the cheapest, buy a new android phone or change my bank account?
yep I'm going to change my bank account.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss