Issues with internet connection since the Fall Creators Update instalation

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
So I never had any real issues with my internet connection before this update, that's why I guess it's not my ISP or my powerline adapters.
The problem I have is that at some point, Windows thinks I lost internet connection, even though my powerline adapter is showing that there is internet signal coming to my PC. Browser sometimes works slower when this occurs, Steam however still thinks I am not connected to the internet and even if I kill the process in the task manager and launch steam again, it won't work. I tried re-installing LAN drivers for my motherboard and it didn't fix anything and I am on the last cumulative build from this week.
Does anyone know how to fix this? If I don't find a fix within a week, I will just go ahead and install Windows 8.1 and enjoy the bugless experience.

Elky64

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
Might be silly to ask but have you tried right clicking on your internet access icon in task bar and selecting "Troubleshoot problems"?

When it comes to Windows Updates have to say them messing with my internet connection(s) (and rendering it non-functional or close to it) has been one of the most common and annoying aspects. Most times doing that which I've mentioned above does sort it out albeit may take a few attempts before it gets sorted.

If all else fails could try rolling back to previous build (if possible) then reinstalling 1709 or forgo the update for a while. Or like you said, 8.1 it is. Truly think Microsoft needs to go back to the drawing board w/W10 and their updates because from where I stand it has been nothing but one big headache, the constant diagnosis and fixing has gotten real tiresome.

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
Might be silly to ask but have you tried right clicking on your internet access icon in task bar and selecting "Troubleshoot problems"?

When it comes to Windows Updates have to say them messing with my internet connection(s) (and rendering it non-functional or close to it) has been one of the most common and annoying aspects. Most times doing that which I've mentioned above does sort it out albeit may take a few attempts before it gets sorted.

If all else fails could try rolling back to previous build (if possible) then reinstalling 1709 or forgo the update for a while. Or like you said, 8.1 it is. Truly think Microsoft needs to go back to the drawing board w/W10 and their updates because from where I stand it has been nothing but one big headache, the constant diagnosis and fixing has gotten real tiresome.

Yeah I have tried troubleshooting several times but it didn't help. I was browsing reddit yesterday though and found what could potentially be the problem - I used VPN once for last few months to trick Spotify into thinking that I am in a supported country, and that was it but apparently that causes issues with internet connection so I uninstalled the VPN and am now waiting to see if anything changes.

Also I agree that Microsoft should just go back to their old way and actually test the OS themselves and just push one update per year, because for me it's a joke now. I hope I am wrong but I can imagine many features must have been delayed since the rs2 or even rs2 update and are still not delivered. Oh well, they probably know why they're doing things that way.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)