Windows Phone Internals 2.3 finally released

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
So just wondering, can anyone give suggestions on how this software can make my Lumia 735 and Lumia 1520 "better"?

Really curious and I'm hoping something is out there that will breathe new life into these old phones.

I'm a noob when it comes to rooting BTW.

LightenSkies

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
At the moment the tool is useless unless you make a rom for them phones. At least from my understanding. I could be wrong it may be useful.

LightenSkies

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
I've look over at xda site in regards of the latest build of the program surprising no chatter about it or of anyone as of late wanting to make an android rom for even the Lumia950/XL versions. Unless I'm looking at the wrong category. Anyone knows of developers that going to try?

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
So just wondering, can anyone give suggestions on how this software can make my Lumia 735 and Lumia 1520 "better"?

Really curious and I'm hoping something is out there that will breathe new life into these old phones.

I'm a noob when it comes to rooting BTW.

e.g. you can enable mass storage mode and switch to the hosts file to a custom one. This way you get adblocking functionality. You can tweak your camera settings (e.g. lower ISO) and many more things

LightenSkies

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
e.g. you can enable mass storage mode and switch to the hosts file to a custom one. This way you get adblocking functionality. You can tweak your camera settings (e.g. lower ISO) and many more things

That if it works. on 2.3 I try with my Lumia 950 At&t brand it it didn't patch the bootloader sadly. Reason I found out didn't work cause it didn't let me boot my phone into mass storage.

LightenSkies

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
Don't attempt to use the new tool with a Lumia 950 AT&T brand with reset protection on or off which ever two. When I had it off and attempt to do a unlock bootloader my phone is now completely lock with no way to get reset protection reset key. Neither on site will it will give it to me as it shows on the site that it is off. You end up with a useless phone now. -.- :( :( :(

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
The problem with Lumia 950 and reset protection is known. Heathcliff is working on it.
It tried unlocking the bootloader on my 950 and ended up with a boot loop. I restored it with Windows Device Recovery Tool.
950 owners now have to wait till Heathcliff finds a solution for unlocking the bootloader on 950s with reset protection

LightenSkies

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
The problem with Lumia 950 and reset protection is known. Heathcliff is working on it.
It tried unlocking the bootloader on my 950 and ended up with a boot loop. I restored it with Windows Device Recovery Tool.
950 owners now have to wait till Heathcliff finds a solution for unlocking the bootloader on 950s with reset protection

Ok so then what am I suppose to do at the mean time about reset protection I look on find my phone on the web site and it say reset protection off. I contacted Microsoft since its a s a software and im hoping they will give me a recovery key for the device. Otherwise my phone is just a locked up phone that at the setup page with no other way around the reset protection. -.-

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Ok so then what am I suppose to do at the mean time about reset protection I look on find my phone on the web site and it say reset protection off. I contacted Microsoft since its a s a software and im hoping they will give me a recovery key for the device. Otherwise my phone is just a locked up phone that at the setup page with no other way around the reset protection. -.-

Did you try the WDRT?

LightenSkies

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
Did you try the WDRT?

That what I did. Cause before I just try unlocking the boot with the latest production build. when I tap to turn reset protection off on the phone it would say it was still on though on the site it said it was off. I thought it was a OS bug so that when I used WDRT to reinstall the Original OS on server. And that when i was promote with recovery key. :( I wish I would hav4e turn it off before I attempted to unlock the bootloader. But no I had it on with latest build when I used the program he made. And its my only phone I have. And im on a tight budget not like I can run out and buy a new phone.

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
That what I did. Cause before I just try unlocking the boot with the latest production build. when I tap to turn reset protection off on the phone it would say it was still on though on the site it said it was off. I thought it was a OS bug so that when I used WDRT to reinstall the Original OS on server. And that when i was promote with recovery key. :( I wish I would hav4e turn it off before I attempted to unlock the bootloader. But no I had it on with latest build when I used the program he made. And its my only phone I have. And im on a tight budget not like I can run out and buy a new phone.

I'm afraid you have to wait for the fix. Hopefully it won't be long. Heathcliff posted he made some progress:https://twitter.com/Heathcliff74XDA/status/953742628939620354

Last edited:

LightenSkies

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
I'm afraid you have to work for the fix. Hopefully it won't be long. Heathcliff posted he made some progress:https://twitter.com/Heathcliff74XDA/status/953742628939620354

Ya well sunday im going to the nearest Microsoft store to see if they can unlock my phone. With that said. It will be the last I will ever try this program unless he does a video of an at&t Lumia 950 working. Cause I don't want to go through this yet again. Even then I question if I ever try it. Cause this time been a bit like omg nooo.... I will find out Sunday if Microsoft can fix my phone. Otherwise im going to advice anyone to ever use the program.

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Ya well sunday im going to the nearest Microsoft store to see if they can unlock my phone. With that said. It will be the last I will ever try this program unless he does a video of an at&t Lumia 950 working. Cause I don't want to go through this yet again. Even then I question if I ever try it. Cause this time been a bit like omg nooo.... I will find out Sunday if Microsoft can fix my phone. Otherwise im going to advice anyone to ever use the program.

Microsoft Stores are open on a Sunday? Wow ;)
I wish you good luck!

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site

Good news!
https://twitter.com/Heathcliff74XDA/status/954490384570298374

LightenSkies

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
ok so i found a way to bypass reset protection using InteropTools. Sadly though reset protection will always be on with no way to turn it off. Though on that note at least im able to use my phone again. I really hope the developer of this program realizes how much headache he has caused not even mentioning it in his notes. I also hope he finds a way to turn it off. If someone could be so kind to pass this whole note to him on his tweeter I would greatly appreciate it. Cause I am not happy one bet. I almost cry the day when my phone was not working anymore. :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium