950XL won't clear inbox notifications...

Steven Jepson

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Hey there, hangers-on...

We're dealing with a 950XL, dual-SIM, running 15254.158 (latest?). The last few days have seen that the inbox notifications won't clear, so it's been piling up with a lot of notifications (this is from three accounts). I've cleared up as much as I can, but the number keeps growing. I've also turned off the inbox notifications, but it's still there.

Any ideas? I've done soft reboots and taken out the battery, and I'm thinking of uninstalling the accounts, then reinstalling them.

Thanks!

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Hey @Steven Jepson, I too am using a 950XL, 15254.158...but, not have this issue. you could try removing the account from the phone > soft reset > re-install the Outlook account (I've had to do this in the past, but long ago).

Good luck!

Elky64

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
I noticed today (after applying latest OS/app updates last night) my 950's lock screen continues to display Outlook notification counts even though all new emails have been read or deleted. Anytime an email comes in the number increases. Tried everything to no avail other than deleting/re-adding accounts (7), can remove Outlook from lock screen quick status and it clears until quick status re-added.

All I can say is "way to go Microsoft you manage to screw something else up again!!!". Yeah I'm bitchin cuz it never seems to end!

Last edited:

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
Same problem on my 950XL DS after the latest Outlook Mail and Calendar update. Hopefully they will see this issue is common and issue a quick fix. Hopefully...

EDIT: Some further testing has shown that if I swipe away the banner notification first and then swipe away the email itself, it doesn't add to the count. Still can't clear old ones but at least I can keep the number shown on the tile from continuing to rise!

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
Doing some further testing to see if I can fix this and I've noticed that I can't edit my Outlook (Hotmail) account but I can edit my other accounts. If I click on Outlook under Manage Accounts, nothing happens. If I click on the other accounts, they open normally for editing settings.

Anyone else notice this?

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
had this happen to me also, uninstall the old outlook and D/L the new version from the MS store and then it should be good and you will be able to edit them in the settings

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I had the Outlook problem on my 950XL and it went away by itself. On my Idol it was messaging notifications. I removed the tile and re-pinned it and so far it's behaving.

Steven Jepson

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for all the suggestions.

Update - I was able to remove two of the accounts, with the MS account unable to open or manage. that did solve the initial problem, but the notifications are piling back up.

As for uninstalling Outlook, it's not possible. I'll see if I can update it.

Elky64

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
Well my problem went away after MSFT updated Outlook again today. And no, did not delete Outlook and reinstall, simply updated. Admit didn't expect them to be so quick.

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
Well my problem went away after MSFT updated Outlook again today. And no, did not delete Outlook and reinstall, simply updated. Admit didn't expect them to be so quick.

Yes, my problem fixed as well after new update received overnight. Heartening that they reacted so quickly.

Andy Poulton

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Nope not me still suffering here in the UK
every week start for last three weeks on my 950

Hope it updates again soon.
I have done so many resets and removal of accounts [normally clears it]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member