Windows 10 restore failed

dozer167a

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
Hello,
I was having issues with apple iTunes not working correctly so decided that I'll do a system restore to an earlier time before the issue presented it self. I went through the normal process of selecting a restore point that I wanted my pc to restore to, and proceeded with the restore. Now after a while my pc rebooted back into Windows, and a message stated that Windows was unable to restore my computer and no changes had been made. This may be due to your antivirus program, disable and try again. I'm using Windows Defender Security Suite, so I disabled Real Protection temporarily and ran System restore once more.
When system restore completed I was shown the same message as before. I've read some where that it's best to uninstall your antivirus and run system restore, my problem there is windows defender security suite is part of the windows 10 installation and there is no option to uninstall it.

What should I do? I have never run into this issue in all the years of owning a computer. Any help in resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated.

dozer167a

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
Thanks spicypadthai for your reply. I have now sorted the issue with iTunes by uninstalling and reinstalling over the last few hours, though I haven't yet tried to restore my windows 10 pc yet using your suggestion of restoring from safe mode. I'll give it a try tomorrow, and get back to you with the results. Thanks again for your help. dozer167a

dozer167a

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
I followed your advise and tried restoring from safe Mode, and my pc restored with out any problem. Odd though that I have to resort to using Safe Mode to do the task.

Thanks for all your help, it's greatly appreciated. dozer167a

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa