Android Apps Coming To WP! For Real This Time!!!

the_moesiah

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
This comes from Softpedeia:

Android apps on Windows phones continue to be part of a dream that’s yet to come true, but there’s now hope once again that such a feature could be released without Microsoft being involved in any way.

The magic could happen thanks to a third-party company called MechDome and which makes it possible to convert Android apps to iOS. As teased on Twitter, it looks like the firm is now getting ready to release support for Windows UWP apps as well, which means that technically any Android app should be able to run on Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile devices as well.

Little has been said in this regard, and the tweet only shows some Android apps on a Windows 10 desktop, while a video provides us with a glimpse into how the whole thing could work.

“Android apps are coming to Windows. You will be able to convert Android apps to run natively on Windows,” the company says, while in a follow-up tweet it adds that “Android apps will automatically use Windows Notifications and open the Edge browser when running on Windows 10.”Microsoft and Project AstoriaWhen asked if the converted Android apps will also run on Windows 10 Mobile, the company says that “the goal is to generate UWP apps, and they should run on all Windows platforms.”

“It’s currently under development. We will send out updates regularly with our progress,” the firm continued without providing any specifics as to when this solution could become available.

Microsoft itself planned to add Android app support to Windows 10 Mobile, but the company abandoned the idea all of a sudden, despite some early preview builds actually offering such functionality.

Microsoft hasn’t said a single thing about the reason for removing Android app support, but in the meantime the company abandoned Windows 10 Mobile completely and is no longer planning any updates for the platform.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Rumor?
Be ok for a while I imagine.
Then again why do this for Windows phones when no one is offering any phones to support the effort?

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
It seems that this is intended for developers to convert their apps, not for the end user. It would be nice if you could convert Android apps yourself though.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Softpedia is trying to peddle crap and generate clicks here.
I am not holding my breath for this to arrive on Windows.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure how this would be possible since MS removed all the underlying codes necessary to run Android apps successfully on mobile.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3010 using Tapatalk

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
It isn't running Android apps on W10. If you go to MechDome's website you will see they offer a service to translate an app, and be able to publish it to the store. This is not meant for the end user to use, but rather the app developer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss