Display issues

TheAsker64

Feb 12, 2018
Visit site
Hey there,

A couple of weeks ago, all of a sudden, my laptop froze and when it came back to life after a couple of seconds the dispayed was messed up. It basically shrunk. The right and left side of the screen had black boxes and the display was almost a centered square.

I tried to update the driver through the automatic Intel update tool, but seems like it's updated.

The only way I can get it back to normal display is by disabling the display driver in Device Manager, but then whenever I turn off the laptop, obviously it jumps back to the shrunk version.

I'm using a Samsung 940X3G/930X3G laptop.

Display processor: Intel® HD Graphics Family.
Driver Version: 20.19.15.4549.

Any idea?

Thanks.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Best option is to go to the Samsung website and download the exact driver for your model and then run that installer.

Saying that, if you open Device Manager, expand Display Adaptors, open the properties, select Drive tab and then Update, it may pull in the correct version automatically that way too.

Generally running the Intel tool is not the best way to get Graphics drivers on your system as companies like Samsung can tweak them for their hardware. Windows Update or the manufacturer website are always the best way.

orlbuckeye

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
I always go into the device manager and remove device. I then go to find new hardware (search internet) and it will install the proper device driver version.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs