Edge keeps losing internet connection

Wbutchart1

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Hi all, I have been trying to fix this for many versions of windows 10 now. I like Edge and would love to use it, the trouble is after about 1 minute of usage it always loses connection and pages stop loading. I have looked at microsoft support pages and there is a fair few people with this issue but no solution that seems to work. I was wondering if anyone here has this issue and if you have managed to fix it.

Chrome works without issue on my laptop, just edge i have this issue with.

Thanks for any info you can share.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi all, I have been trying to fix this for many versions of windows 10 now. I like Edge and would love to use it, the trouble is after about 1 minute of usage it always loses connection and pages stop loading. I have looked at microsoft support pages and there is a fair few people with this issue but no solution that seems to work. I was wondering if anyone here has this issue and if you have managed to fix it.

Chrome works without issue on my laptop, just edge i have this issue with.

Thanks for any info you can share.

In my experience edge seems to struggle with fluctuating wifi or slow wifi - however with stable and good internet speeds it has no issue

can you try using a different network and see if it still behaves the same way?

Wbutchart1

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
In my experience edge seems to struggle with fluctuating wifi or slow wifi - however with stable and good internet speeds it has no issue

can you try using a different network and see if it still behaves the same way?

Hi, it does seem to, regardless of connection. My home connection is fibre and is stable from what I can tell (kids always streaming stuff etc without issue).

Still no idea whats causing it. Really frustrating as I think edge could work really well...if it worked.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi, it does seem to, regardless of connection. My home connection is fibre and is stable from what I can tell (kids always streaming stuff etc without issue).

Still no idea whats causing it. Really frustrating as I think edge could work really well...if it worked.

Do you have any extensions installed?

Additionally, is there a way you can record what happens? I can suggest you install either this screen casting software called active presenter https://atomisystems.com/activepresenter/ or Microsoft Expression Encoder https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=18974 to record what happens on your pc screen, upload it and share it here so we can see what happens

Thank you

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077