Do I have a virus?!

HeBanG

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
Alright post #2 on this brand new computer.. I got this computer on Thursday, brand new.. Everything worked fine UNTIL I downloaded some games from steam and minecraft.. Then when I was watching YouTube and all of a sudden a rainstorm of purple and green pixels flooded my screen. It is also really glitchy, and every few seconds it happens on all of my videos I watch. My computer also all of a sudden got laggy and glitchy. I have 128GB of storage, 8 GB of ram, only downloaded Minecraft, and CS:GO.

My virus detector got rid of all potential threats, but didn't make a difference. Is there anything I can do?

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Graphics driver problem perhaps?
Is this a desktop or notebook pc?

System and hardware brand details often help us to help you.

HeBanG

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
Sorry for the late reply! I have a laptop, specs are 8GB of ram (7.71 usable), Processor is AMD Ryzen 5 2500U with Radeon Vega Mobile GFX (2 GHz), Graphics is Vega 8 Mobile, 64-bit operating system (64x-based processor) So idk if that's a problem..

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Since it is brand new, I'd reset to factory defaults. If you still have issues, return the PC because it sounds very much like heat/voltage issues for the GPU (I know it's part of the CPU, but still the GPU part can fault all on its own). Could be a driver issue (hence the factory reset to make sure) but it sounds more like a hardware issue to me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99