Windows 10 Update 1709 Fails to install

mar8wil

Feb 28, 2018
Visit site
I have two HP desktops and was able to successfully install this update back in December. But I can't install it on my other machine. I am not getting an error message, although I did one time. Now, when I go through the process, it gets about 80 percent installed and then stops. The message on the screen says, "Windows could not configure one or more systems components." When I click OK it reverts back to my original version. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Elky64

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
I found this to be a far too common problem with Windows 10 since it was officially released in 2015 with it not just being relegated to Feature updates such as build 1709, Cumulative updates as well. Best suggestion is to wait for the next cumulative update then try again. If you have any non-essential peripherals connected disconnect all leaving only keyboard, mouse and monitor before giving it another attempt.

In the end you might have to D/L the Media Creation tool and go that route but if things stay true no guarantees that'll be a resolve for you either - I've done this thrice in 2018 because of similar problems but my outcome after a few attempts to install incapacitated the PCs I was working on, so fresh install they ended up being.

salisu Ibrahim musa

Mar 20, 2018
Visit site
I found this to be a far too common problem with Windows 10 since it was officially released in 2015 with it not just being relegated to Feature updates such as build 1709, Cumulative updates as well. Best suggestion is to wait for the next cumulative update then try again. If you have any non-essential peripherals connected disconnect all leaving only keyboard, mouse and monitor before giving it another attempt.

In the end you might have to D/L the Media Creation tool and go that route but if things stay true no guarantees that'll be a resolve for you either - I've done this thrice in 2018 because of similar problems but my outcome after a few attempts to install incapacitated the PCs I was working on, so fresh install they ended up being.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium