Volume on PC headphones not loud enough.

Quintarous

Apr 11, 2018
Visit site
Ok I'm not using speakers for my PC. I plug in astro A40's thru an adapter that turns the two female aux ports on my PC (the ones for audio and microphone) into one female aux input (for the headphones themselves). Anyway, when I have my headphones plugged in to the computer itself the volume is too quiet even after maxing everything out. I've tried digging through the playback devices menus and everything I could find indicates it's running at maximum volume levels.

Now the interesting part. If I connect my xbox one elite controller to the PC and then plug the headset into the controller, everything sounds fine. The max volume seems to increase though the settings remain the same. Anyone have any Ideas? Needless to say I've never heard of anything like this happening before.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. Have you tried removing the Y adapter and plugging your headphones into the headphone port only?

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
you may have a faulty y-adapter. try with a different y-adapter.

Also make sure you are plugging in mic and headset jacks correctly and firmly inserted.

kanaaka

Jan 2, 2018
Visit site
have you try to check the "Loudness Equalization" in Speakers Properties. sometimes it worked for me when the sound feels muted.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa