Controlled Folder Access Notifcation

Burandt80

Jan 23, 2017
Visit site
I am not even sure if its an issue or not but Controlled folder access notification keeps saying svchost.exe is trying to make changes to computer. I ran Defender + Malware-bytes free, I ran Hit-man pro and found not malware but notification keeps showing. I have had nothing but issues since I did the last big Windows Update a couple of days ago.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Turning that thing on is a really bad idea. It will block files being written that are friendly as well as dodgy ones, and there is no way to make an exception list. What's more, it will block them silently and will not give you the option to allow. The upshot is, you have no idea if anything you've installed or done on your PC that needs to write to anything much outside of the documents and media folders had worked correctly. You won't know until you get weird errors or things just don't work as they ought. Almost certainly there are many things that have failed to write correctly already.

That's how it was a short while ago when the 'feature' was introduced. Things may have changed since then, but there's not been much time for MS to get in gear given usual speeds and I've seen no announcement of any change. So, DO NOT USE is my strong advice. There are third party packages that do this properly.

Oh, and reinstall your OS from the last image you made BEFORE you messed with this awful setting if you want your sanity back. Or reinstall from scratch, your choice.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs