Moving from Win 10 Mobile to Android

Vidfamne

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
I expect the answer to be no, but still want to doublecheck; are there any ways to migrate data from a Win 10 Mobile unit to an Android unit? If so, what can be migrated and what is needed for the migration.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Depends.

Texts? No.
Contacts/Calendar? If they're synced to a cloud provider like Outlook.com or Google, then you can sync it to Android.

So let us know what you hope to migrate.

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
what xandros9 says. the only thing I couldn't transfer over we're SMS texts and messages (Viber, Skype, etc). No idea why peeps want to back up texts. if they're that important, copy them to note app or use another chat service that store your stuff for eternity.

I keep all my other stuff online with Google or MSA. media are on sd chip.

Player Piano

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
what xandros9 says. the only thing I couldn't transfer over we're SMS texts and messages (Viber, Skype, etc). No idea why peeps want to back up texts. if they're that important, copy them to note app or use another chat service that store your stuff for eternity.

I keep all my other stuff online with Google or MSA. media are on sd chip.

Did you mean to write Google or NSA?

mggm100

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
I switched just last week. The whole process was less complicated than I thought it would be. I used Android in the past, but it has come a long way since then.

The only thing that confused me was the People app. It wasn't showing my Outlook contacts, just my Google contacts. But it only took a little exploring to find the setting to include Outlook contacts.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte