Absolutely love Timeline

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I have been using this feature since it has become available to all my computers after the April Update (4 in total at the house), what a GREAT feature! I'd like an option to be able to go back further than 30 days, or save certain selections to a list using thumbnails, though. This is turning out to be a "most useful" feature for me. I do hope MS is planning to bring this feature to Windows Mobile!!!

Hans Swolfs

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
I really use Timeline daily as well... I can't wait for Sets to be supported as well.

Don't count on it coming to Windows 10 mobile though. Love it that they are bringing it to android though (now I won't make myself popular with this).

It's nice you can add multiple accounts to it so I can use it on my work computer and my home computer.

dlls

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I don't like the feature or need it so i turned it off. I want to work fast on the stuff I'm doing NOW. I couldn't care less what I did 10 days ago and I just want WIN+TAB to be a current tasks switcher.

They should have focused on improving the multi-monitor experience instead.

aXross

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm really liking it with the only big shortcoming is that not a lot of apps supporting it, even some Microsoft apps like Groove Music, Movies & TV, Mail, etc.

I also wish it will support drag-and-drop so I can drag an activity card and drop it to another virtual desktop or monitor. It may be a little thing, but it can really improve certain workflow for other users too.

They should have focused on improving the multi-monitor experience instead.
I've been sending feedbacks in regards to better multi-monitor experience in Windows 10 for years already. Currently its good but it needs to make it better. One of the things that I was asking is to better make use of Task View where I should able to drag a thumbnail of a window into another monitor/display to move window, instead of doing the traditional dragging window from one monitor to another. Using Task View to organize windows on a multi-monitor setup makes the process more organized and faster, less hunting down window and manually dragging them.

I've also asking for better Windows Snap which is slightly degraded from Windows 8.1 Metro Apps snapping, where user can snap more than 2 apps horizontally depending on screen size and all can be resized. Windows 10 can snap on corners but you can't even resize them which is a half-baked of what we got.

Anyways, hopefully more improvements on RS5 and better integration from iOS and especially Android.

ShannyMan

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I absolutely love the Timeline feature. It saves me so much time when I want to find a site I was visiting or a document I had been viewing. I think there are things that can be improved, such as not showing me options for activity on another device that doesn't exist on my current device. But I'm really impressed with how Sets works with it and I can't wait for additional apps and services to hook into it... Hopefully!

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I really use Timeline daily as well... I can't wait for Sets to be supported as well.

Don't count on it coming to Windows 10 mobile though.
@Hans Swolfs, I agree, I doubt we will see it on the current generation of Windows Mobile, but I am still hopeful that Andromeda will offer a mobile phone variant, and we will see it availaable then.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
One of the benefits I have found as one of the most useful is; if a web page is no longer available (for example on eBay) and you need to compare an old listing to a current listing, you can find it quickly in the timeline. I have accually saved thousands of dollars by having the ability to go back and review a page that is no longer accessible through the host website.

Wevenhuis

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
So far I'm underwhelmed with timeline. My work and usecase on my pc's are quite uniform, making many of the timline cards a lot of the same. It is not as useful as first anticipated. I would actually like to turn it off and just use the taskswitcher, Edge and the live tiles. I never look past 1 day on the timeline. It's frankly overwhelming to see so many cards. I think in the long run timeline will slow down pc performance. I would like to turn it off, while I still can. So if anyone knows the feedback link with the highest upvote or a petition to add a Timeline turn off function in settings, please send me the link.

EadyElias

Apr 3, 2018
Visit site
I don't think it's a problem when sharing to others if I have logging out first, I guess. Not yet try it my self. Dont know if Timeline's histories shared with other user. To many "if" in my comment...💁

Rohan Pal

Apr 28, 2017
Visit site
I love this feature as this feature syncs all my history from my Android phone edge browser.Nice to use edge in both android and pc as a result Timeline plays a huge role to do my task easily through cross platform without any interruption

Hans Swolfs

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
So far I'm underwhelmed with timeline. My work and usecase on my pc's are quite uniform, making many of the timline cards a lot of the same. It is not as useful as first anticipated. I would actually like to turn it off and just use the taskswitcher, Edge and the live tiles. I never look past 1 day on the timeline. It's frankly overwhelming to see so many cards. I think in the long run timeline will slow down pc performance. I would like to turn it off, while I still can. So if anyone knows the feedback link with the highest upvote or a petition to add a Timeline turn off function in settings, please send me the link.

I suppose like with any feature, it has to fit in one's workflow so it's not for everyone probably and that's fine ??????

About the performance thing... I using it on my old desktop and it's not quite affecting its performance... Honesty abides me to say it has 16gb ram and an ssd but a 2nd gen cpu.

Rafael Marcondes

May 22, 2013
Visit site
It has saved me a couple times allowing me to find a website a had visited some days before, the search in Timeline worked better than in Edge's history from the address bar.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Not I feature I need to be honest, my problem with it is security or the lack of it.
I have disabled it.

I don't think it is any less secure than your data is anyway. The only difference is that you can be totally lacking any computer abilities and see your history, whereas, a basic understanding would yeild you the same info if the feature was turned off. If your afraid that someone will see your computer history, that person shouldn't have access to your MSA...or do your searching in "InPrivate" mode.

I look at is like a note taking assistant, if you remember something days later and want to revisit the info, this function makes it so easy, a BIG time saver.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05