Cortana Cards

bulls96

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
WIth the last RTM update, Cortana cards doesnt show up anymore on my Surface Book 2 if i click on the COrtana box on task bar.

How do i get that back?

I love the cards I have on my COrtana on my Lumia 950xl.

THanks.

spicypadthai

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I'm with ya but unfortunately, you can't. Supposedly the info will eventually be in the new Action Center but right now Cortana is a disjointed mess. You can access some of the card info via the Notebook while other stuff is in Edge. Reminders are on the Notebook Organizer tab and things like weather and sports scores are available in Edge if you use the Start Page and/or set new tabs to open with "Top Sites and suggested content". Then there's package tracking, one of the things I like a lot, which is in neither spot. Besides needing to manually add packages when in the past Cortana would automatically do it via scanning emails, you need to type/say "where are my packages?" And that's 50/50 to work as she'll often interpret it as a web search unless you go into Packages in Manage Skills and click one of the suggestions for viewing tracking info. So something that used to be there at a click now requires 4+ clicks and going several levels deep. Overall, it's classic MS, remove a feature before the replacement is ready. For some things, that's only a nuisance but for the supposed importance of Cortana, to mangle her to this degree on the desktop, it's bizarre.

Last edited:

bulls96

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
I'm with ya but unfortunately, you can't. Supposedly the info will eventually be in the new Action Center but right now Cortana is a disjointed mess. You can access some of the card info via the Notebook while other stuff is in Edge. Reminders are on the Notebook Organizer tab and things like weather and sports scores are available in Edge if you use the Start Page and/or set new tabs to open with "Top Sites and suggested content". Then there's package tracking, one of the things I like a lot, which is in neither spot. Besides needing to manually add packages when in the past Cortana would automatically do it via scanning emails, you need to type/say "where are my packages?" And that's 50/50 to work as she'll often interpret it as a web search unless you go into Packages in Manage Skills and click one of the suggestions for viewing tracking info. So something that used to be there at a click now requires 4+ clicks and going several levels deep. Overall, it's classic MS, remove a feature before the replacement is ready. For some things, that's only a nuisance but for the supposed importance of Cortana, to mangle her to this degree on the desktop, it's bizarre.

Thanks for the reply.

Boo MSFT!
(i don't bio msft lightly)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise