Can't install printer drivers on Win 10 1803.

greciannic

Jun 12, 2018
Visit site
Have tried adding three different printers (all network connected). Get to driver installation that ends with "driver not installed". Once I did get the wrong driver to install, but correct drivers will not install.

mascot43085

Aug 31, 2018
Visit site
Have tried adding three different printers (all network connected). Get to driver installation that ends with "driver not installed". Once I did get the wrong driver to install, but correct drivers will not install.
Here is the work around I did to get around it. We have a small business so we have multiple machines running windows 10 all sharing the same printers. many of which are old school HP 5 and 6 printers. I found a machine where the printer is installed and working fished around in the windows/system32/driverstore folder and found a folder that began with "prmhp" that contained the drivers I copied it to a flash drive then when I went to install a printer I clicked have disk. Pointed windows to that folder on the flash drive and it worked. It fully installed the legacy printers to the new build win 10 1803 machine. I am told all printer driver folders start with the prm and followed by letters for the brand like lex, can, HP etc. hope this helps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro