Clean Install Partition Question

and_youf

Jun 14, 2018
Visit site
Hi,

I just did a clean install of Windows 10 Home x64. After watching a few YT videos I am now a bit concerned.

After selecting "custom installation" I get to the drive screen. I have an SSD and an HDD and secondary SSD for data. The HDD I left alone and for the OS SSD I deleted all the partitions until it just said "Drive 0 Unallocated Space." Then, instead of clicking next and let Windows handle it like they do in all the YT videos I chose that drive and clicked "New." This created Recovery, System, MSR, and Primary partitions. There was a pop-up that came up after I clicked "New" to adjust the space but I did not do anything with that. I clicked the primary partition, hit "Next", and proceeded with the installation.

My question is should I have highlighted the drive when it was in "Unallocated Space" status and proceeded from there? Was it wrong to click "New" and make the partitions myself? I have everything set-up and am now wondering if I need to do another clean install.

Side Note:
It made the secondary SSD drive 0 and the OS SSD drive 1, which seems odd. Also in the bios boot menu it refers to the OS SSD as drive 0.

Capture.PNG

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Is anything actually wrong? From what I see, you put in the effort to take some extra steps that weren't really necessary but just from that picture, it doesn't seem like anything is actually awry. If your install isn't broken right now, I'd relax. :)

and_youf

Jun 14, 2018
Visit site
No it was running completely fine. I still reinstalled Windows though, but that's because I'm nuts. This time I was worried that I sent it to the HDD D: drive.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
When installing Windows, I usually let windows do it's thing. The only time I mess with anything like that is to set up a different file format, like NTFS as opposed to FAT32

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre