Which apps are you using on your WP10

Amir Maqsood1

Jun 6, 2016
Visit site
I am still using my Lumia 535 DS for calls, messages and specially for WhatsApp and outlook calendar from last three year.
Which app do you use most on WP10?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Still using my 635 :D Apps: Messenger/sofascore/tucan reader/dynamic theme (it works in the background lol)

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Whilst I moved to Android some time ago, I used these WP10 apps on my ex-X3:

All first party MS apps (until they dropped Teams)
Bookviser Premium.
LINE
Facebook/Messenger

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Calls, messaging, Chronos Calendar, MyTube!, Reddplanet, Mixcloud for Windows, Groove Music, Slacker Radio, Monument Browser, MyRadar, stock weather, Outlook, OneDrive, Speedtest by Ookla, Packages Tracker, Photo Marker, and of course Cortana.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Calls, messaging, Chronos Calendar, MyTube!, Reddplanet, Mixcloud for Windows, Groove Music, Slacker Radio, Monument Browser, MyRadar, stock weather, Outlook, OneDrive, Speedtest by Ookla, Packages Tracker, Photo Marker, and of course Cortana.

Reddplanet is a reddit client?

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Im using these
** for the essential apps.
I have not listed those I installed apps that I use but once in a blue moon..

mTalk
PAWA
Air
WhatsApp**
Excel **
OneDrive
6Tag
Fantasia Painter **
Office Lens **
HPSmart for my HP mp machine **
m!Tube

Edit: Forgotten about these
Sports. I know there are many sports/football apps but I dislike most as they use dodgy news source that make em look like spam apps

Continuum.. How could i forget. This is essentially why i find it hard to give up my 950XL.

Might as well add those I use occassionally

Fitbit
6tag
AAWP universal
8 Zip lite
Slack (using it less and less...
... !)

Last edited:

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Facebook
Messenger
Instagram
Photoshop Express
Bind Mi Band +Mi Band Notify
Windows Central
Uber
WhatsApp
Viber
Slimsocial for Facebook (Use this more than FB, just use FB for the live tile)
Word and Excel Mobile
Sunrise and Sunset
Audiobooked
Office Lens
Fanstasia painter
Hand Off
Aliexpress
+(Maps, Edge, Groove, Cortana, OneDrive, Calender, Outlook)

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Is this working better now? I remember that there were issues in the beginning. Do you still need an android for the initial setup?

You need to pair it to android at first, in order to run the updates.

After that it works, and there's no issues. It doesn't tell you content of the notification, but it lets you know you have one. And it tracks steps, kms, does heart rate, and all that works with the apps. Does alarms too.

Mi Band 3 is out soonish. It also included better sleep tracking, and a paywave payment system, some excerise auto-detection, and it also is fully water proof. Still has the same battery life of like 6 days (which is nice). It also displays full content of notifications. It may have GPS? IDK

But there's of course no apps for that yet on W10m. There's also a deskop beta for the mi band 2.

So I love mi band 2, works with windows 10M, and it's cheap as hell. lots of nice third party straps too. But if I move onto something else, I'm confused. The band 3 isn't supported yet (may end up being, may not).

The only other similar device that's supported really is the pricier fitbit ones - and yeah they look great and add a few extra on the band 3, like local storage for music, and inbuilt gps, but for the price, well it's more than 3 x more expensive than the band 3 and 4-5 times more than the band 2

So I am really hoping that when the band 3 with NFC payments comes out, the software developer than makes the Mi Band stuff for windows phone is still interested in working that out too. Because the only things I want to actually add are NFC payments and notification content displaying on my watch. Guess I'll have to see.

All the same, I've love, and still love my mi band 2. That killer battery life is lovely. It looks quite nice too, distinct from all the other designs. I got it on a leather strap atm, for going out. But its excellent for long walks because you can track when you hit the fat burning zone heartrate wise. Lets me know in the gym too if I am hitting max heart rate for high intensity.

I like really just to get notification contents rather than just 'you have notification' and NFC payments so I can leave my phone at home.

Last edited:

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
The core Office apps are of course central to using a Windows phone but outside of that:

Fitbit
CamScanner
Remote Desktop
Construction Calc - indispensable calculator
Parkmobile
Pay By Phone
Print Now - The best Google Cloud print app out there.
mTalk
Piny
AutoCAD Mobile
Perfect PDF Combine
Brother iPrint&Scan
OBD Auto Doctor
My Radar
Walgreens

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Main apps I use:
Outlook
mTalk
myTube
Interop Tools
Bank of America (until it's dead)
Battery X Pro
8zip
First Fruit Bible
Bass Tester - Sound Check
VLC
RHYTHM
Groove

LumPhile

Dec 27, 2016
Visit site
Office suite + OneNote
Outlook
Msn news
Weather
Interop tools
Enpass pro
Money tracker pro
mTalk
Twitter pwa
UcBrowser
Edge
Calculator - desktop version with currency convrtr
Photo - desktop version with ink, timeline etc
WhatsApp
Image resizer
Amazon Kindle
Duo lingo
Foxit pdf reader/editor
Etc etc

el_mono70

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I don't use a lot of apps on my 950. Maybe that's one reason Win10m stills works well for me.
Outlook Mail app - I wish they'd bring dark theme support to the Android version.
Reddplanet - love it. Baconit was also good, but mysteriously went from dark grey to black background
OneNote - for most important notes
Notebook Library - light weight, and has dark theme(even editing)
Neutron Player - for music
Music Wall - also for music
Fitbit - only to record walking at work

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
So I love mi band 2, works with windows 10M, and it's cheap as hell. lots of nice third party straps too. But if I move onto something else, I'm confused. The band 3 isn't supported yet (may end up being, may not).

Thanks for the full rundown! My 640 is mostly a secondary wifi only phone. I've been on the fence with smartwatches lately. My fitbit charge bit the dust last month after about 1.5 years. I was planning to get the Charge HR 2, but the Miband 3 offers somewhat similar functionality for a cheaper price lol. I mostly just need the silent alarm/sleep tracking/timer and notifications

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for the full rundown! My 640 is mostly a secondary wifi only phone. I've been on the fence with smartwatches lately. My fitbit charge bit the dust last month after about 1.5 years. I was planning to get the Charge HR 2, but the Miband 3 offers somewhat similar functionality for a cheaper price lol. I mostly just need the silent alarm/sleep tracking/timer and notifications

Well they haven't released the international/NFC version yet of the miband 3, just the Chinese version, although for those purposes I'm not sure it'd make a lot of difference. Other version shouldn't be far off anyway though.

I'm quite a fan of xiaomi products. Generally good quality, but a lot cheaper, they have quite a few IoT type things like smart scales, robot vacuum cleaners etc.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
The company running my city car park came out with an app last year. Its a weird privatisation structure, they are only able to collect monies from people, dish out hefty fines to defaulters. But strangely they have no legal standing. If anyone decides not to pay, they can't take any legal action. Even the local municipality can't go after the defaulters.

The app is only on iOS & play store. No love of WP, which is just as well. Haha

I'm probably one of the very few people left using a Lumia in the city. Haven't seen one in the wild in eons. The Chinese phones have taken over. Yikes

... !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077