i am moving from mac to windows 10 and i want to know what music manager should i use since i will leaving itunes. i know there is an itunes for windows but is there better.
    06-18-2018 02:12 PM
    Windows Media Player.

Or

The music application from Amazon.
    06-19-2018 05:11 AM
    Thank you
    06-19-2018 06:32 AM
    i am moving from mac to windows 10 and i want to know what music manager should i use since i will leaving itunes. i know there is an itunes for windows but is there better.
    I use Groove. Vastly superior in design to iTunes.
    06-20-2018 09:54 AM
    I honestly use just iTunes, and paired with iSyncr, I can sync stuff to other gadgets. (it's an Android app but I found I could move the license to SD cards and stuff to sync to non-Android devices.)
    06-21-2018 09:26 AM
    I want something that I can use on both Android and the PC. Groove is OK but they have really dropped the ball on playlist creation, import and exporting. Also with them ending support for Android Groove appears to have it's best years behind it. I want something I can use with OneDrive where I can stream from my cloud music or sync some local for when I'm offline. So far, I have to use Groove on the PC for that and CloudPlayer on Android. It is not a good solution because I cannot share playlists between them. Hopefully someone will come up with a worthy alternate in this thread.
    06-26-2018 09:59 AM
    I use Winamp, but now use Foobar2000 almost exclusively. It has better support and can play high end audiophile formats. Multiple playlists, Equalizer, lightweight and minimalistic. I don't use album arts and metadata, so ymmv. You might need some addons to support that.

I just want to add my music files/folders and play.

If you want better GUI and extra fluff, try Groove and iTunes for Windows. If you purchased music through iTunes, you may be stuck with it since they have DRM. You need iTunes and then sign into your Apple Account to play them. This is why I use DRM free music cause I can play them anywhere in any software that supports the format on any platform.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-26-2018 09:59 AM
    My favorite was killed by Yahoo.
    MusicMatch

If you can find a copy pre-Yahoo, it's still pretty good.
    mark233 and gernerttl like this.
    06-26-2018 12:55 PM
    Definitely check out MusicBee. It can have a similar look to iTunes if you so choose but has numerous skins, very customizable, and can manage the actual files in the folders any way you decide. It's definitely my #1 music app.
    06-26-2018 01:41 PM
    Upload your music to Amazon or Google Play and subscribe to a streaming service. Don't worry about saving music locally ever again. No need for that hassle in 2018.
    06-26-2018 04:40 PM
    Unless of course if you are on a plane, or are someplace with spotty connectivity. I always keep at least one big playlist on my phone for those occasions.
    ChrisP1 likes this.
    06-26-2018 06:00 PM
    Upload your music to Amazon or Google Play and subscribe to a streaming service. Don't worry about saving music locally ever again. No need for that hassle in 2018.
    Yes, don't ever listen to music again when disconnected or without using up your data allotment.
    raycpl likes this.
    06-26-2018 07:34 PM
    Yes, don't ever listen to music again when disconnected or without using up your data allotment.
    True!!

... !
    06-26-2018 07:38 PM
    That only works if a) you have zero data caps b)have constant full signal everywhere including the subway/tube.

These are not true for everyone thus a flawed approach. For example in the UK there is no cellular/mobile signal in the tube whereas in Singapore they do.

@fantom555 have a look at sharepod, the older versions did not need itunes.
    06-27-2018 05:17 AM
    Well better is always personal choice. Some others are Media Monkey, Music Bee and Clementine.

Here is an article that lists.

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/picture...s-sync.html#s2
    06-27-2018 08:38 AM
    That only works if a) you have zero data caps b)have constant full signal everywhere including the subway/tube.

These are not true for everyone thus a flawed approach. For example in the UK there is no cellular/mobile signal in the tube whereas in Singapore they do.

@fantom555 have a look at sharepod, the older versions did not need itunes.
    Most of the streaming services allow you to pin music to your phone for the increasingly rare times you don't have data. Saving and moving actual music files is antiquated.
    06-27-2018 09:37 AM
    People are migrating from Mac to Windows? Is this real life?
    06-27-2018 03:58 PM
    I always wondered why they shut down Groove. Take the music streaming away from it and it was a great way to stream from Onedrive. I was so close to pay for bigger storage space for it since I only got it almost full when I started to add music on it. Now? I just deleted everything and only have my pdf books on it.
    06-27-2018 04:02 PM
    My favorite was killed by Yahoo.
    MusicMatch

If you can find a copy pre-Yahoo, it's still pretty good.
    Yes... Sadly Yahoo ruined it, then dropped it when Yahoo Music tanked.
    06-28-2018 01:03 AM
    Media Monkey is awesome for music management
    07-05-2018 08:40 PM
    Hello guys i want to know which is the best app for music developers and i got garageband and flstudio so which one i should go for? for garageband i got makeuseof site they are saying its awesome and also it can be run on windows pc.
    07-11-2018 06:54 AM
    Media Monkey is awesome for music management
    Yes. I agree with this. I have all my music in OneDrive accessible via Groove on PC and CloudPlayer on Android. Works fine for me.

Hello guys i want to know which is the best app for music developers and i got garageband and flstudio so which one i should go for? for garageband i got makeuseof site they are saying its awesome and also it can be run on windows pc.
    Shouldn't this be a separate question on this forum? What music do you want to make? Try something like Fruity Loops or Reason if you want to make electronic music.
    07-11-2018 08:08 AM