is there a music manager similar to itunes form windows 10

fantom555

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
i am moving from mac to windows 10 and i want to know what music manager should i use since i will leaving itunes. i know there is an itunes for windows but is there better.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I honestly use just iTunes, and paired with iSyncr, I can sync stuff to other gadgets. (it's an Android app but I found I could move the license to SD cards and stuff to sync to non-Android devices.)

Redhooker

May 19, 2015
Visit site
I want something that I can use on both Android and the PC. Groove is OK but they have really dropped the ball on playlist creation, import and exporting. Also with them ending support for Android Groove appears to have it's best years behind it. I want something I can use with OneDrive where I can stream from my cloud music or sync some local for when I'm offline. So far, I have to use Groove on the PC for that and CloudPlayer on Android. It is not a good solution because I cannot share playlists between them. Hopefully someone will come up with a worthy alternate in this thread.

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
I use Winamp, but now use Foobar2000 almost exclusively. It has better support and can play high end audiophile formats. Multiple playlists, Equalizer, lightweight and minimalistic. I don't use album arts and metadata, so ymmv. You might need some addons to support that.

I just want to add my music files/folders and play.

If you want better GUI and extra fluff, try Groove and iTunes for Windows. If you purchased music through iTunes, you may be stuck with it since they have DRM. You need iTunes and then sign into your Apple Account to play them. This is why I use DRM free music cause I can play them anywhere in any software that supports the format on any platform.

Brad Kuhn

May 22, 2018
Visit site
Definitely check out MusicBee. It can have a similar look to iTunes if you so choose but has numerous skins, very customizable, and can manage the actual files in the folders any way you decide. It's definitely my #1 music app.

bleached

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Upload your music to Amazon or Google Play and subscribe to a streaming service. Don't worry about saving music locally ever again. No need for that hassle in 2018.

Redhooker

May 19, 2015
Visit site
Unless of course if you are on a plane, or are someplace with spotty connectivity. I always keep at least one big playlist on my phone for those occasions.

SvenJ

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Upload your music to Amazon or Google Play and subscribe to a streaming service. Don't worry about saving music locally ever again. No need for that hassle in 2018.

Yes, don't ever listen to music again when disconnected or without using up your data allotment.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site

That only works if a) you have zero data caps b)have constant full signal everywhere including the subway/tube.

These are not true for everyone thus a flawed approach. For example in the UK there is no cellular/mobile signal in the tube whereas in Singapore they do.

@fantom555 have a look at sharepod, the older versions did not need itunes.

bleached

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
That only works if a) you have zero data caps b)have constant full signal everywhere including the subway/tube.

These are not true for everyone thus a flawed approach. For example in the UK there is no cellular/mobile signal in the tube whereas in Singapore they do.

@fantom555 have a look at sharepod, the older versions did not need itunes.

Most of the streaming services allow you to pin music to your phone for the increasingly rare times you don't have data. Saving and moving actual music files is antiquated.

BanditoTR

Sep 1, 2017
Visit site
I always wondered why they shut down Groove. Take the music streaming away from it and it was a great way to stream from Onedrive. I was so close to pay for bigger storage space for it since I only got it almost full when I started to add music on it. Now? I just deleted everything and only have my pdf books on it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3