Remvoing Windows 10 Completely.

MelMaciel

Feb 20, 2017
Visit site
Hello All,

I would like to know if there is a way to completely remove Windows 10 OS once it has been installed onto a custom pc. If so, can you provide the steps or link that may help me. Thank you.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Are you replacing it with another OS? Just install something over it.

Nuke the install completely leaving nothing in it's wake? A disk erasure tool/USB/CD you can boot the computer from should do the trick.

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
create a Window Install USB drive. boot to the drive and go through set up, until you select the drive. opt to delete all partitions and format the drive. turn off machine. remove USB drive.

MelMaciel

Feb 20, 2017
Visit site
Thank you for the replies. I am, as xandros9 stated, nuking the install to leave nothing without installing an OS. I think xandros9 and midnightfrolic are stating the same thing, so I will give that a shot. Thanks everyone!

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If you're worried about data lingering on the drive, a data destruction tool like dban will be more secure than the Windows installer.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Hello All,

I would like to know if there is a way to completely remove Windows 10 OS once it has been installed onto a custom pc. If so, can you provide the steps or link that may help me. Thank you.
Remove the hard drive and physically destroy it. That is the only way to ensure any data cannot be recovered.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo