07-17-2018 09:23 AM
32 12
tools
    That's my opinion, too.
    I like not being limited to one OS abs having anything in sync, so I can use the benefits of every OS where it makes sense.
    ven07 likes this.
    07-09-2018 03:13 PM
    Why do I use the Windows, huh? I could go for some simple answers like the innovations or that it runs all the best games or the different kinds of hardware. But to be really honest, that's not why Windows is my choice. The reason why I go Windows is in fact the reason why a lot of Apple users go Apple:

The ecosystem.

Yes, the ecosystem. Not only am I a Windows user, but an avid user of Office and OneDrive and Outlook. The fact that I can have my everything everywhere is so very appealing to me, more than innovation or diversity, although the later does contribute to why I'm aboard the Microsoft ecosystem and not the Apple ecosystem.

Apple's ecosystem is, for the most part, a "walled garden" (not my term). That's to say, the best functionality comes between Apple devices, and that's it. By contrast, how Microsoft has built their ecosystem to be so cross platform that it works on anything is really amazing, and that alone makes me believe that Microsoft's ecosystem is indeed the best ecosystem, even above Apple.
    Filibuster3 and pkcable like this.
    07-09-2018 03:23 PM
    The software I use is Win32-only. That makes me stick to Windows, otherwise I'd have jumped ship several years ago.
    xandros9 likes this.
    07-10-2018 12:36 AM
    As a multi OS user (Windows, Mac and a horde of Linux VMs running on VirtualBox and VMWare), I'm currently quite happy with where Windows is heading. In the last year I have been wondering, from time to time, if my current MacBook will be my last.
    pkcable likes this.
    07-11-2018 09:12 AM
    As a tech trainer, I use a variety of devices, Apple (Mac and iOS) and Windows. Since getting a Surface Pro 3, I've hardly used my Mac. When my iMac was starting to go, I went back and forth between a new one and a Surface Studio. The last sticking point (silly one, I know) was the mapping feature for photos. The Microsoft store manager showed me the Windows 10 app GeoPhotos and my decision was made.

Why else am I #pcproud ? #accessibility ! Microsoft has left the others in the dust! From Immersive Reader, the Learning Tools, Reading View and Read Aloud in Edge to the new Xbox controller. I started collecting all the accessibilty tools in a OneNote and can't keep up!
    07-16-2018 01:04 PM
    I'm down to 1 Windows / MS device, a Surface Pro 2017. 1 year ago I was also using a Windows 10 phone and Band 2 and loved both devices. Just replaced my beloved Band 2 several weeks ago with a Garmin Vivoactive Music. I'm actually a skilled Band 2 repair guy having fixed many over 3 years. So, heck yah, I'm proud to be on the Windows side of the isle. I'm also an Apple hater since the 80s.
    07-16-2018 11:59 PM
    I like not being limited to one OS abs having anything in sync, so I can use the benefits of every OS where it makes sense.
    This is my philosophy. No single company offers the best experience in every area. And with the cloud, collaboration is quite seamless between them all.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-17-2018 09:23 AM
32 12