Are you a proud Windows user? Tell us why!

Nero cui

Dec 12, 2016
Visit site
Windows paint a beautiful dream for me. I usually go back to develop UWP using visual studio and enjoy all the beautiful ink/fluent deaign apps. But my dev env is slowly moving to Linux now as the WSL is really buggy for production. I will buy a Surface Book in the future for UWP dev and gaming. But for dev productivity, I will move to a Linux/macOS env full time.

Richard Toft

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm #pcproud as windows 10 is becoming more rounded and productivity based, the work behind the scenes to make the os smarter and lighter is great, in short the innovation that is being implemented is second to none.

Dennis Atkins

Nov 24, 2017
Visit site
I can't call myself PC proud completely.
I'm the kind of guy who has several PCs and phones in active use, each with a different operating system. But in general I'm more a Windows PC fix than a Linux or Mac guy.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I can't call myself PC proud completely.
I'm the kind of guy who has several PCs and phones in active use, each with a different operating system. But in general I'm more a Windows PC fix than a Linux or Mac guy.

Based on your description I'd definitely call you PC proud xd Your not limited to just one platform, but use the others for their merits. That's what 'personal computing' should be about IMO

Dennis Atkins

Nov 24, 2017
Visit site
That's my opinion, too.
I like not being limited to one OS abs having anything in sync, so I can use the benefits of every OS where it makes sense.

Doqtor Kirby

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
Why do I use the Windows, huh? I could go for some simple answers like the innovations or that it runs all the best games or the different kinds of hardware. But to be really honest, that's not why Windows is my choice. The reason why I go Windows is in fact the reason why a lot of Apple users go Apple:

The ecosystem.

Yes, the ecosystem. Not only am I a Windows user, but an avid user of Office and OneDrive and Outlook. The fact that I can have my everything everywhere is so very appealing to me, more than innovation or diversity, although the later does contribute to why I'm aboard the Microsoft ecosystem and not the Apple ecosystem.

Apple's ecosystem is, for the most part, a "walled garden" (not my term). That's to say, the best functionality comes between Apple devices, and that's it. By contrast, how Microsoft has built their ecosystem to be so cross platform that it works on anything is really amazing, and that alone makes me believe that Microsoft's ecosystem is indeed the best ecosystem, even above Apple.

Stan77

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
The software I use is Win32-only. That makes me stick to Windows, otherwise I'd have jumped ship several years ago.

Internaut

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
As a multi OS user (Windows, Mac and a horde of Linux VMs running on VirtualBox and VMWare), I'm currently quite happy with where Windows is heading. In the last year I have been wondering, from time to time, if my current MacBook will be my last.

Filibuster3

Jul 16, 2018
Visit site
As a tech trainer, I use a variety of devices, Apple (Mac and iOS) and Windows. Since getting a Surface Pro 3, I've hardly used my Mac. When my iMac was starting to go, I went back and forth between a new one and a Surface Studio. The last sticking point (silly one, I know) was the mapping feature for photos. The Microsoft store manager showed me the Windows 10 app GeoPhotos and my decision was made.

Why else am I #pcproud ? #accessibility ! Microsoft has left the others in the dust! From Immersive Reader, the Learning Tools, Reading View and Read Aloud in Edge to the new Xbox controller. I started collecting all the accessibilty tools in a OneNote and can't keep up!

Adventurer64

Aug 29, 2017
Visit site
I'm down to 1 Windows / MS device, a Surface Pro 2017. 1 year ago I was also using a Windows 10 phone and Band 2 and loved both devices. Just replaced my beloved Band 2 several weeks ago with a Garmin Vivoactive Music. I'm actually a skilled Band 2 repair guy having fixed many over 3 years. So, heck yah, I'm proud to be on the Windows side of the isle. I'm also an Apple hater since the 80s.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I like not being limited to one OS abs having anything in sync, so I can use the benefits of every OS where it makes sense.

This is my philosophy. No single company offers the best experience in every area. And with the cloud, collaboration is quite seamless between them all.

Adventurer64

Aug 29, 2017
Visit site
This is my philosophy. No single company offers the best experience in every area. And with the cloud, collaboration is quite seamless between them all.

I sort of agree. I prefer the garmin over Band after several weeks of use. However, I still prefer W10M over Android or Apple. Windows 10 M worked really well with my SP2017. Android has come a long way with MS integration, but still wish I had a Windows phone again for a more consistant experience between PC and mobile.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos