Cortana Selfies

xFalk

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Watching TV the other night I saw an Android phone commercial (don't remember which one as I wasn't really paying too much attention at the time). In the commercial a person says, "hey Google, take a selfie". Another person says "Can it do that?". Then the phone assistant takes a selfie. Everyone is excited.

Which got me to thinking...Can Cortana do that? So I picked up my Elite X3 and said :Hey Cortana, take a selfie". And you know what? She did take a selfie. :smile:

Sadly, while Google shows this feature as something new and exciting and a reason to buy an Android phone, Microsoft's Cortana had this feature all along but we were never told about it.

Another example of really bad Microsoft marketing.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Sad, but true! The sad part is that "hey Google" doesn't have anything better to promote...but still they do.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Sadly, while Google shows this feature as something new and exciting and a reason to buy an Android phone, Microsoft's Cortana had this feature all along but we were never told about it.

Another example of really bad Microsoft marketing.
They planned it that way. Is why we have seen zero Microsoft mobile PHONES since the Lumia 650. As Microsoft leads their OEMs follow. HP or Alcatel could have advertised more than they did but why bother if big brother is not all in on it anyway...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon