Updating or Installing Apps in Windows Store ?

ReprobusR

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
I've been experiencing problems updating Apps though Windows Store for months;
Update_App.png

Update_App_Error.png

The one program in particular AppyText, anyone else experience problems installing this App or any App in the Windows Store ?

Elky64

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
I've been experiencing problems updating Apps though Windows Store for months;
https://s33.postimg.cc/6vkd1iwjz/Update_App.png
https://s33.postimg.cc/shzdikajz/Update_App_Error.png

The one program in particular AppyText, anyone else experience problems installing this App or any App in the Windows Store ?

Could be specific to that app (never installed same) but I'm betting on it being a Windows Store thingy because...

Seen same occur on mobile and PC a lot lately seemingly being a regular occurrence now. We just bide our time with it usually sorting itself out at some point.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
We just bide our time with it usually sorting itself out at some point

LOOLLL this sounds so sad, but nonetheless, I agree. It's most likely a store issue, but you can try to reset the store :) You can use CMD or the options within the settings app.

If you need help with that bit let me know.

FYI I downloaded the appy text app without any issues

Elky64

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
LOOLLL this sounds so sad, but nonetheless, I agree. It's most likely a store issue, but you can try to reset the store :) You can use CMD or the options within the settings app.

If you need help with that bit let me know.

FYI I downloaded the appy text app without any issues

Thanks for the offer but so far it continues to sort itself out on computer/mobile.

The thing is, the store (for me) has never really been consistent on either mobile(3) or PC(11), so it's not just one or two devices where we are seeing these problems - it varies in that some times no real issues at all but more times than not there is. You'd think MS would have gotten it right by now.

Just last night updated the apps on my L950 as was contemplating giving it a go for a few days. First couple of apps downloaded fairly quickly then the other six just lagged. Finally gave up, closed then reopened store, and walla, those apps showed as being updated. Then proceeded to update store itself, upon its restart things sort of crashed and were muddled up (desktop was my store LOL) for about 45-50 seconds. After that and a few other inconsistencies with phone in general gave up the notion we were going to give it a go. Now that's sad.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the offer but so far it continues to sort itself out on computer/mobile.

The thing is, the store (for me) has never really been consistent on either mobile(3) or PC(11), so it's not just one or two devices where we are seeing these problems - it varies in that some times no real issues at all but more times than not there is. You'd think MS would have gotten it right by now.

Just last night updated the apps on my L950 as was contemplating giving it a go for a few days. First couple of apps downloaded fairly quickly then the other six just lagged. Finally gave up, closed then reopened store, and walla, those apps showed as being updated. Then proceeded to update store itself, upon its restart things sort of crashed and were muddled up (desktop was my store LOL) for about 45-50 seconds. After that and a few other inconsistencies with phone in general gave up the notion we were going to give it a go. Now that's sad.

Sadly this will happen more and more on W10M as MS gets closer and closer to pulling the plug completely.

Elky64

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
Sadly this will happen more and more on W10M as MS gets closer and closer to pulling the plug completely.

The problem is it's not just mobile were we are seeing inconsistencies because in my experience it exists on PC's too. The one that has gotten me as well was the Store's live tile "show products on tile" that seemingly always reactivated itself even though it was turned off. Seems MS has finally addressed this although just had it happen again on my 950 the other day (open settings, turn on then close store - open store, settings, then turn off). Truly wonder what MS is thinking at times as consistency seems to be absent from their vocabulary, not to mention struggling to get it right.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre