Switch from Windows 10 Home into S Mode?

mstrblueskys

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
So, I recently picked up a cheap Windows 2-in-1 and to be honest, I love it. The only thing I'm looking for right now is for it to perform just a touch faster. I'm wondering if Microsoft has a way to put a Windows 10 home device into Windows S mode for that little extra performance boost. Thanks for any advice!

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
oh nice, I thought we couldn't but it's only windows home you can't. I want to change my old thinkpad x200t to be S mode only

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Did it! My old thinkpad x200t is now Windows 10 Pro in S mode

When I first set it up, it was saying not activated, and it couldn't or something. It knew I had a pro license somewhere on the drive. But it said windows 10 s.. Reboots did nothing.... Let it sit around a bit cause I was busy....

Then tried to update store stuff, tried to do windows update... at first it was saying I was up to date, then a few updates appeared, including a culmulative one....

After that reboot and a long update it seemed to finally work! No more activation message and it says Window 10 Pro in S mode.

I did it cause it's the laptop for my parents and kids (while at my parents house)… they complained a lot that it would slow down a lot and get stuck, my 8 year old says glitching... Hopefully this mode stabilizes things for them

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa