Microsoft Authenticator gives only 6 digits instead of needed 8 digits

etmight

Sep 6, 2018
Visit site
I own a Windows Phone 10 and I need to authenticate with AuthAnvil.

When I add this AuthAnvil account to Microsoft Authenticator then only 6 digits are shown, while AuthAnvil asks for a 8 digit OTP.

AuthAnvil Authenticator is not available for Windows Phone, as seen here >> https://help.authanvil.com/hc/en-us/articles/218566348-Downloading-the-AuthAnvil-Authenticator

What to do now...?

pkcable

VR Expert
Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't authenticators work even on a different device? I use google authenticator, on my iPhone for both my Android phone AND for PCs. Couldn't you put in on your PC or Mac, and then just use the code it provides on the Win Phone?

etmight

Sep 6, 2018
Visit site
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't authenticators work even on a different device? I use google authenticator, on my iPhone for both my Android phone AND for PCs. Couldn't you put in on your PC or Mac, and then just use the code it provides on the Win Phone?

Don't know if I get what you mean, but the code that the Microsoft Authenticator app provides on my WP10 is a 6 digit code, but AuthAnvil asks for a 8 digit code when l want to log in somewhere with use of AuthAnvil On-Demand.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6