How to do a restore on HP Envy x2 (Snapdragon 835)

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
re:

I would allow it to let it do its thing, sometimes it appears that it is in a boot loop but it isn't.. how long has it been like that?

anon(10015935)

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
re:

I started the process of doing a factory reset from within settings>recovery>reset in the morning and it went on for hours. It would show the 64% progress screen for a second then reboot. I have tried everything within the recovery environment to get it to boot or re-reset.

anon(10015935)

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
re:

Was chatting with MS support all day yesterday and today. They are unable to solve the boot loop issue. Tried creating a bootable usb drive to reinstall Windows 10, no option to select ARM version of Windows 10, so I selected 64 bit. It doesn’t startup the installation environment. Going into all the recovery options in Recovery didn’t pan out either, tried everything.

anon(10015935)

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
re:

Figured it out, had to get the HP Recovery Software from HP support to create a bootable USB drive with the original OS version number that shipped with the Envy x2. No other option works to recover/reset your Snapdragon based Envy x2.

Lenny Cambridge

Feb 26, 2020
Visit site
Hello anon(10015935),

I am currently going through the same experience you went through with your HP Envy X2
and i must say it is very frustrating to say the least. However, it seems you have come up with a solution
to this problem. Like you i also have tried everything possibly known to mankind only to come up with nothing
more than disappointment and failure every time. Could you please tell me the way to go about in finding the
the solution to restoring my HP Envy X2 please i would be most grateful for time. Thank you.
Sincerely,
Lenny Cambridge

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99