Windows 10 - Oct 2018 Update: Dark mode has filenames also in dark, which render it unreadable.

rvipinkumar

Oct 14, 2018
Visit site
Hello,

I had updated Windows with the Oct-2018 updates, as I was so excited for the Dark mode of windows coming up.
But all my excitement went down the drain, when some of the folders (and incidentally, folders which are important to me) has all the filenames and folders also in a dark mode, which render it unreadable at all.
I reverted back to the Light mode and enabled dark mode again, but still the problem occurred.
Did anyone else seen this problem? Is there any remedy for this?

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Not for me, the file names are light, the only thing I can think of to check is if you have a them set that would render the text dark.

Tasanox

Oct 15, 2018
Visit site
Hello,

I had updated Windows with the Oct-2018 updates, as I was so excited for the Dark mode of windows coming up.
But all my excitement went down the drain, when some of the folders (and incidentally, folders which are important to me) has all the filenames and folders also in a dark mode, which render it unreadable at all.
I reverted back to the Light mode and enabled dark mode again, but still the problem occurred.
Did anyone else seen this problem? Is there any remedy for this?

Most of the sections under "Settings" has black text on a black background for me. Makes using it a nightmare.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss