W10 Facebook and Messenger apps - load, launch, quick exit.

hiennhan12

Nov 15, 2018
Visit site
Windows 10 HP laptop, updated to anniversary release last week... Today downloaded Messenger app from Windows store. A fresh download - neither app ever loaded to this machine in past.

Download successful; clicked Launch; see splash screen, then it simply disappears, no error message. Same behavior for the Facebook app downloaded from Store. Task Manager shows they are not running.

Both show up seemingly correctly on the start screen, where again I can select, see launch/splash screen, then they simply disappear.
Have rebooted, no change in behavior.

Any insights on what I can further check, do, describe? Am I correct to expect a fully update W10 machine should be able to run these two apps from the Store?

Thank you.
Kevin

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Windows 10 HP laptop, updated to anniversary release last week... Today downloaded Messenger app from Windows store. A fresh download - neither app ever loaded to this machine in past.

Download successful; clicked Launch; see splash screen, then it simply disappears, no error message. Same behavior for the Facebook app downloaded from Store. Task Manager shows they are not running.

Both show up seemingly correctly on the start screen, where again I can select, see launch/splash screen, then they simply disappear.
Have rebooted, no change in behavior.

Any insights on what I can further check, do, describe? Am I correct to expect a fully update W10 machine should be able to run these two apps from the Store?

Thank you.
Kevin

Hi Kevin.

Welcome to Windows Central and thanks for your question.

Please try uninstalling both apps (right-click from Start menu > Uninstall), restart your PC then download and install them once more and try again.

If you still get the same thing happening for both apps, launch the Store app and go to Downloads and Updates. Sometimes, if an app loads but force crashes it means that there may be an update available to get you the latest version which should fix the issue and allow both apps to run.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3