Cortana dead after upgrade to 1809

Tien-Lin Chang

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
when I heard those insider said how good 1809 was I upgrade my system as soon as it release (the first time....). After that my cortana is dead, press the mic icon it shows cortana can't hear me and even I change my name let cortana repeat there's no sound coming out yet windows trouble shooting program couldn't find any issue in my audio system. The text search in my search bar is still fine, thought.

I tried to change to different regions which have no cortana service and change back, no luck. This happened to both of my working system (surface pro 2017/Dell M6700) and the re-release wouldn't get it fixed.

Is there anyone having the same issue? I really don't want to re-install my system, that sucks....

thr4

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
Same issue here. Search works, but no Cortana commands (i.e. "tell me a joke") work - they lead to a crash instantly. Interaction via microphone stopped working, too.

It happened after 1809 on both of my systems. A third system that's on older Windows 10 build with same account logged in works with no issues.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs