Newbie email alert question

pupton

Aug 11, 2018
Visit site
Hi all.

Just ordered a Surface Pro 6 to replace an iPad that was getting old.

One thing I liked on the ipad was that it received push email even when asleep and alerted me with a sound.

Is there a way to get my new Surface Pro 6 to do this even when asleep?

Ive posted this question in the Windows 10 forum as this is not specifically a Surface Pro question...

pupton

Aug 11, 2018
Visit site
Hi, thank you for your response. yes it is assumed that I will have already setup the Surface Pro to connect to my email account.

My question is mainly about whether windows 10 is cabable of receiving push email notifications when asleep like the iPad does.

Example of use. I use the ipad for a while. I close the lid and the screen goes to sleep. Whilst asleep, the iPad still receives email notifications and will alert me with a sound. It would continue to do this until it either runs out of battery or I turn it off.

I dont think this is a Surface Pro specific question and is probably more related to Windows 10 functionality.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Ah thanks for breaking it down! Well W10 does have the functionality. It works well on my laptop, but I can't speak for the SP. Sorry :/

Settings > system > notifications > scroll down for list > set mail to 'on' (by clicking/tapping on it, you can also set the priority and where it is displayed in the action center)

Also there is a reg. hack available to keep your action center open at all times. This way, if you set the mail notifications priority to 'high', the notifications will be visible as soon as you go back to work on the SP, because of the fact that the AC is always visible

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo