Windows 10 stopped reacting to Xbox controllers (nothing in device manager)

Tonnystark

Feb 6, 2019
Visit site
This is a dupe post but it explains what I'm suffering from perfectly. I have the exact same problem as below. free netflix tech news The issue started yesterday. I was using the xbox one controller just fine 2 days ago.

I have 2 Xbox Wireless gamepads, which I use with USB cables (I don't have the receivers at the moment). Everything was working fine until now. Didn't use them for a few weeks and now the PC just does not react in any manner to connecting them.

The only thing that happens is a controller vibrates when connected, The xbox home button doesn't light up until pressed then it just flashes. There is no device connected/disconnected sound when I plug any of them in any port (I have tried all USB ports on the PC and external USB hub) and I could not find them being detected as anything in the device manager either.

Struggling for a couple days now -- I don't even have an entry point to fix the problem since the system just ignores the existence of the controllers. Other USB devices don't seem to cause any trouble on this PC and the controllers work well on another PC.

Last edited:

pkcable

VR Expert
Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
I imagine the gamepads require to be kept charged? Is it possible they are completely dead and need to be charged a while before they work? Also have you tried restarting the Xbox?

Insanitium

Feb 7, 2019
Visit site
I might have had the same issue before. You don't need batteries for your controller to work with a USB cable. I don't remember how I fixed it, but my best guess is to:

If there is just one entry in the device manager, you can just unplug the controller, uninstall the drivers and replug the controller.

You might also want to update the controller's firmware using the "Xbox Accessories" app from the Microsoft Store.

I hope this works. Good luck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon