Need to recover Windows 10 setup files?

flycaster1

Feb 23, 2019
Visit site
Running Windows 10 Home (version 1803, build 17134.523) on my desktop HP. I also subscribe to Avast Internet Security and Avast Cleanup Premium. I think I did something with ACP that has screwed up Windows ability to install updates. Twice now, while trying to install the latest Windows update, the computer (Windows) threw out the error message that it couldn't install the update (after about 93% had been installed) and had to roll back the installation. What I think I did to cause this issue was to use ACP to stupidly delete the Windows Setup Files. Somehow I only paid attention to the Avast statement that I wouldn't need those files if I didn't intend to reinstall Windows...I never associated updating with "modifying Windows." I have already tried to restore using a restore point, but that didn't work. I'd like to be able to recover the Setup files so that I can continue to update Windows. However, I'd like to be able to do this without loosing any of my files and programs that are already on Windows. Do I have any recourse to get those files back? And if not, do you think a computer repair person could get those files back for me? Thanks.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre