Weather App for Windows 10 Mobile?

Coffee Cat

Jun 6, 2017
Visit site
How can I use the MSN Weather app on my Windows 10 Mobile device.
I searched the internet and it seems like Microsoft raised the minimum Windows version when they have renamed "MSN News" to "Microsoft News".
When trying to download it, it says it is already installed, but when launching it says it has to be installed and links me back to the Store. There isn't an update available.

Is there any way to get it back?

fin11

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
Strange. Did you try reseting the app (Settings-Apps & features-Weather-Advanced options-reset) and set it up again. Latest version I have is 4.28.10351.0 and its working fine without issues on my phones. If you have an older version it most likely needs updating after all.

fin11

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
Ok sorry the ability to reset apps is only possible in later wm10 builds. I have 10.0.14393.2551 (Anniversary Update) on my old lumia925 and the weather app works fine on that phone also. The weather app version on that phone is 4.26.12153.0. I guess the only way to reset that app is uninstalling it and reinstalling it from store. If that doesn't work a hard reset or factory reset of your phone is another possible way, but you might loose some old apps if they aren't still in the store/your library. Did you get 14397 as part of the insider program? I thought 14393.2551 was the latest AU-build?

fin11

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
Just checked on my lumia925, seems I cant uninstall the weather app, looks like its one of the core apps you cant uninstall on AU, that possibility came in later wm10 builds ☹ . Guess the only way to fix it is a hard phone reset...

Coffee Cat

Jun 6, 2017
Visit site
I have resetted it a day ago. Before I did it worked fine.

I found an app called "DHT Upgrade Advisor" which can set a Registry entry which lets Windows think I am having an Lumia 950 XL and allows me to upgrade my phone to CU. I am thinking if I should do that. Does it work on a Lumia 830? Is there a possibility to roll back to AU if it is not working properly (with properly I mean not worse then AU does, it drains my Battery quickly and the Update I received a few days ago broke the screens brightness control)

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't recommend trying to upgrade your phone to a W10M build it isn't designed for. It will most likely make things worse.

fin11

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
Originally posted by Coffee Cat
I have resetted it a day ago. Before I did it worked fine.

I found an app called "DHT Upgrade Advisor" which can set a Registry entry which lets Windows think I am having an Lumia 950 XL and allows me to upgrade my phone to CU. I am thinking if I should do that. Does it work on a Lumia 830? Is there a possibility to roll back to AU if it is not working properly (with properly I mean not worse then AU does, it drains my Battery quickly and the Update I received a few days ago broke the screens brightness control)

I never used DHT upgrade advisor and I dont have a lumia 830 to test, always used Interop Tools on my lumia 925 for registry editing. I've seen people reporting street rendering issues on maps after updating old lumias past AU (at least x2x devices), so I stayed on AU with that phone. Don't know if 830 has any issues on CU or FCU. It was possible to get CU for 830 officially by joining the insider program until feb 2018 but not anymore. You can roll back from CU or FCU by using Windows Device Recovery Tool on pc, but then you will roll back to Windows 8.1 so you will need to upgrade to WM10 TH2 and after that to AU again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720